Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an ultraviolet halcyon PIKA and it is quite flat. I took it on a Caribbean cruise in January to hold my IPhone 8+ (in a case that can hold 3 cards), 3 passports and a flat pack of gum. I did try putting my small key ring in (car fob, house/mailbox keys) and it did make it bulge out more than I liked. I don’t think the small hand sanitizer would fit well, and it would make it hard to access the other items you want to carry. But that is just my humble opinion. My daughter will hopefully use this if she is able to go to Scandinavia in April. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Sstj315; 07-18-2020 at 06:38 PM.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any more input or personal sharings and thoughts on this would be most appreciated. I need to decide by next week when the bags are restocked.
    If you are feeling that the EC is too big, you might think about the 3d organizing cube. I've used that as a mini purse before the EC came out.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Truck in Nebulous Gray, Co-Pilot in Black Halcyon/Iberian,Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PIKA vs Travel Cubelet

I havenít tried a PIKA so I canít compare, but my Travel/Everyday Cubelets in 210 Ballistic and 630 Recycled kind of disappear on me when theyíre not packed full. The softer/thinner fabrics allow them to stay slim and unobtrusive (I bet Halcyon would be even better for this), and the vertical orientation makes me feel them less while wearing compared to horizontal bags like the Side Effect (my SE tends to swing around more while the TC/EC just stays put).

My current standard/minimum load is: hand sanitizer attached to an exterior o-ring, house keys on a key strap in the outer pocket, a Nikís wallet in the interior pocket of the main compartment, a pen in the pen slot, a small pack of tissues, and my car key fob (at the very bottom since I donít need to touch it). I often add some combination of: a garage door opener, a small battery pack plus cable, a point-and-shoot camera in a Mini Ghost Whale pouch, a mask in a Mini Ghost Whale, and AirPods in a Super Mini Ghost Whale. More items (especially the heavier ones) make me feel the bag more, of course, but I like how versatile the bag is and I find it easier to add/subtract for minimal vs. small load instead of switching bags.
    Last edited by teresapoet; 07-18-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do consider the side effect as well, mine fits 2 x mini halcyon pouches, 1 small halcyon pouch, 1 super mini ghost whale, 2 mini ghost whales, my phone in a pouch, car keys, house keys, phew! And pockets and loads of o rings to keep me organised

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I worry that the PIKA would be too small, and the EC too big. If I want to carry more items, I'd just use my Sidekick.
    I've been using a grass 3DOC when I want something smaller than my EC. I've cut out the hanging hook and added a 3/4" strap. Most of the time I wear it when I go for a walk to hold my phone and house key. If I walk at the park or the beach I'll also throw in a minimal wallet and maybe some tissues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this review, I was thinking of the PIKA for when I'm doing quick grocery shopping and don't want to lug everything else with me. I have a larger sized women's envelope style wallet and I'll have to measure it to see if it will fit in the Cublet, but will probably go that route next.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raych7 View Post
    Thank you for this review, I was thinking of the PIKA for when I'm doing quick grocery shopping and don't want to lug everything else with me. I have a larger sized women's envelope style wallet and I'll have to measure it to see if it will fit in the Cublet, but will probably go that route next.
    Welcome to the Forums @Raych7 !
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Side Kick is twice the size of the Travel/EDC Cubelet, like two EDC Cubelets side by side.

The EDC Cubelet is like a sophisticated portrait style 3D OC.

On can also use 2 Short Snaphooks Key Straps or 2 Swivel Double Carabiners to add a Cubelet as an extra front pocket by adding the top snahook of the Keystrap or the Swivel Double Carabiners to the outside O rings of the Travel Cubelet and the bottom side to the outside O rings of the Cubelet then do the same in the other side of both tiny accessory bags external o-ring.

The PIKA, because it is long, would be great for traditional boarding passes and passport for travel, worn on your person all the time or tethered to your main luggage at security.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2