Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Synic 30 impressions from a business traveler

I doubt I can add anything that hasn't been written before but here are some comments on Synic. I'm pretty sure I'm the first one with a Synic in Tokyo which is kind of cool. I ordered and had the Synic 30 delivered to me a few weeks ago in time for some heavy international travel and have already been on a dozen flights and airports so it didn't take long to break the bag in. I have a Dell XPS 15 and it "just" fits. The side opening for the laptop is probably a 1/2" short when the bag is full, noticeable that moment at security when you are yanking out the computer to put on the tray. But it is manageable and the side access is awesome so I am not complaining. On my last trip I overstuffed the bag but it didn't complain (straps in the main compartment help compress clothing) and the various accessible pockets made it easier to deal with my poor packing ability. Years ago I had a Tom Bihn backpack which refused to die. I finally gave it to my sister because it didn't have enough pockets. After 5+ years of use it still looked new and I notice the same level of quality with Synic. I love the padded backstrap and layered top handle. It is the perfect airline business travel backpack.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi JapanSteve, konichiwa and welcome to the forums! Great to have you on board! I also have a Synik 30 and agree that it is an awesome travel bag, especially when you have to carry a laptop. We would love to see some pictures from Japan!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Japan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums.

Maybe the first in Tokyo, but not Japan; I'm walking around Nagoya every day with the Synik 30!

I agree that it's the best business travel backpack I ever used.
    Aeronaut 45 (Steel/Island), Synik 30 (Deep Blue/Iberian)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know there is a fellow Synik in Japan! The bag replaced my Tumi business backpack and my casual daily bag. It is so convenient and comfortable. Iím from Seattle so I love that connection.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just took my Synik 30 to Seattle ironically for a business trip. I have a 10+ year old Tumi roller and sadly, the 30 is taller than the Tumi handle. I have to reach inside the pass thru and my knuckles kept rubbing the frame. Minor quibble. I’ve done a few one bag trips with it as well and its almost perfect. Great bag.