Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My HLT2 and brief thoughts

Here is my HLT2 on its first trip to the office.

At first I thought this wasn’t going to work for my use case (I needed a pouch that could wrangle my cords, power bricks and other things I want handy at work or on a plane. But after loading up I am ready to cut the tag off of it. I really appreciate the clamshell aspect of the bag and the numerous o-rings and webbing to help me find the optimal configuration. My only minor gripe is that I wish that the O-rings were offset from another on the webbing side of the bag.

While I normally do most of my writing digitally, this beauty deserves a field notes notebook.

My HLT2 and brief thoughts-8c61fc3b-88bd-485d-ad75-686b94bcfb5f-jpeg My HLT2 and brief thoughts-47f42030-097b-4923-9e72-f924659c4ffa-jpegMy HLT2 and brief thoughts-d9eb651c-ed04-4d86-8a95-d2bcacc40952-jpeg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh that is so pretty. Love how you have set up the cords in the loops - I was wondering if I would lose track of my cords if I tucked them in the pockets, but this is a great solution! Excited for the restock now!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ServeNVolley View Post
    Here is my HLT2 on its first trip to the office.

My only minor gripe is that I wish that the O-rings were offset from another on the webbing side of the bag.
    I think that the reason the two internal O-rings on the webbing side of the bag are not offset from each other has to do with: (a) the fact that O-rings placed in the front zippered pocket of the HLT need to be at the "top" corners with respect to the zipper (when the front of the HLT is facing you), and (b) the desire to make the HLT easy to use regardless of the "handedness" of the person who is using the accessory. That means that O-rings in the top of the front zippered pockets make it difficult to use the corresponding spots on the reverse side of the HLT on the inside. (While it's possible to attach O-rings to the same location on opposite sides of the partition, structurally, it puts more stress at that point).

Just my guess here. The rest of the HLT interior is also designed to be used by folks with either handedness.

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense.