Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Chicagoland
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick-Up Truck: Small yet mighty.

[You want photos with this review? You can’t always get what you wa-ant. Mostly ‘cause I’m lazy. But the moderators/testers kindly posted several Pick-Up pics recently, which were helpful in my own purchase decision.]

In the four days since delivery, my Pick-Up Truck has gone in the car with me as a front seat revolving hub of sorts (small sling bag with essentials, outgoing mail, water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, small retail purchases)...to the eye doctor (essentials plus an iPad and book)...to an elderly relative’s house for a weekly Schlep Exchange (definition: I arrive with stuff she needs; I leave with random cr@p I will never ever need)...to the grocery store for a small haul...to the grocery store with three Shop Bags stuffed in it for a big haul.

When I get home, I unload it and put it at the bottom of the stairs, where it collects stuff to go upstairs. Drop it at the top of the stairs and it returns the favor. It just visited the basement to collect a couple of wet sweaters out of the washer...then it became a portable gift wrap center.

This thing is seriously handy. I usually double duty one or another Shop Bag as a hub/schlepper, which is serviceable yet glitchy. It can involve some digging and the Pick-Up has neither the empty loosiegoosieness nor the packed lumpybumpiness of a flaccid Shop Bag. Instead, it sits up at attention and everything is viewable and retrievable and stand-able and divide-able. The damn thing is perky.

In, out.
    Toss, grab.
    Tuck, pluck.

Bonus features: The handles, of course. And the TWO outside pockets (bigger than I’d imagined).

Highly recommend.
    Last edited by WinifredBanks; 12-13-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree - it is my new purse/car bag/lunchbag. I LOVE it.

I think I need a pika to go with it...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you're making it sound so tempting! I always need a perfect tote and my pop tote has turned into a project bag so the pick-up truck might be my next bag.

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I like the idea of storing the shop bags in the Pickup Truck for groceries. Enough bags to easily carry to the grocery store, but in a smaller footprint overall.

Nice review!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review! I got a Pickup Truck to serve as my gym bag, for many of the same reasons you mention. Now after your notes I'm thinking it would be great to have another as a stair tote - I tried doing this with the original Truck, but it is too wide to sit at the foot of our stairs.

I wanted to keep one in the car, precisely to organize other shop bags and be an all-purpose tote, but we live in an urban neighborhood where people routinely go through parked cars and take things of value. So to and from the car it is.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it. So far mine has been with me to work, the grocery store, and Target. It's the perfect bag for small hauls.