Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep Blue vs Navy Colours

So... I bought 3 Syniks. I was distraught on which size, material, and colour blue to get.

So there's the Deep Blue (525 ballistic) available on the S22. Then there's the Navy (420 Parapack) available on both S22 and S30.

I ended up with S22 Deep Blue, S30 black, S30 Navy.

The first photo shows the difference between Navy and Deep Blue. And also size between S22 and S30.

The second shows both bags leveled at the top. Note the zipper lengths are the same and the additional bottom gain for that bottom pouch.

The third photo shows has a fairly packed S22 inside and S30. My personal thoughts is that the S30 is quite large. It's much longer than it is wider compared to the S22. The S22 is my office bag and S30 will be used as my travel. And..I don't travel that often.

The last photos is S22 inside S30, with S30 zipped up.

I was really only going to get one bag. But all this indecision and being in Australia I was not able to see the bags in person. To me I love both colours. Like everyone has already mentioned the Deep Blue 525 ballistic is a little thicker than the Navy 420 parapack.

They are unique in their own way. The 525 ballistic feels more course and the interior has a black urethane (?) coating. The 420 parapack looks like it is woven more tightly due to the 1x1 weaves versus the 2x2 in the ballistic. It does feel nicer to touch. It also has a light shimmer that the 525 doesn't have.

One thing I have noticed is that both the S22 and S30 have the same size straps and top grab handle despite being a big difference in size.

Everything about the two bags are just fantastic! I don't have anything negative to say!

Hopefully this post will help others make their purchase decision so you don't have to buy more than you need to!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the 30 really as big as it looks in these pictures? Because it looks absolutely massive when you put it next to the 22.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first few photos is of the S30 empty so the sides do come out. But when filled up the sides straighten out and doesn't look as wide.
    But yes, I do think it is much bigger than than the S22. Personally I wouldn't use it as a everyday bag due to the size - but it may work for others.