Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheperd's wool utility cloth

I thought I open up a thread for the Sherperd's wool utility cloth. Up to now I use it for one purpose only i.e. a scarf. I couldn't make up my mind about the color so I ended up with three :-) Turns out that having more than one color is great ;-) As the weather is quite cold at the moment I wear them almost every day and I like them very much. The hand (or touch) is rather firm compared to some merino scarfs I have but it still feels soft and comfortable.

Saffron Gold
    Sheperd's wool utility cloth-wool-1-jpg

Neela Blue
    Sheperd's wool utility cloth-wool-2-jpg

Home Modern Tartan
    Sheperd's wool utility cloth-wool-3-jpg

(Should have shaved a little better but hey, it's Sunday!)
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @bartleby!

Now for those of us with scarf folding inadequacies, how did you fold/arrange yours?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Natick, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Shephard’s wool utility cloth arrives tomorrow! Your post has got me feeling so excited to receive it in the post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Now for those of us with scarf folding inadequacies, how did you fold/arrange yours?
    @G42, I did it like this:

I laid the cloth in diamond shape in front of me. Then I turned the right and left corner inwards to shorten the length a bit and to prevent the tips from sticking out when wrapping it around my neck. I folded it once to get a triangle. I then rolled it up and put it around my neck. I noticed that I don't need a knot to fix it. It is enough to somehow slide the loose ends under the rest of the cloth because the wool's surface has enough resistance to fix it. It stays put for a whole day.

Here is a little sketch:

Sheperd's wool utility cloth-scarf-jpg
    Last edited by bartleby; 12-15-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! I too ordered 3, black, grey (my fave) and light purple. I use mainly for wearing as a scarf, got rid of about 10 other long "fashion" scarves for these, they work brilliantly! I was most surprised by the texture of the wool, almost slippery! Very comfy next to the skin, no itch at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bartleby. Thank you for the sketch and pictures. I was not sure about getting this cloth, but I think I will with my next TB order :)