Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap

Hi All,

I remember seeing a post on lack of external anchor points on these bags and it got me thinking. My previous backpack had anchor points which I didn't use because it was large enough (28L).
    However with the Synik 22, I did find it a little tight sometimes with jumper with my usual work carry items. Since the Synik 22 came with waist straps and internal tie down straps I began to investigate what I can use them for. As they were high quality gatekeepers and buckles I wanted to put them to good use!

I ended up using the waist straps and found them to be very useful using the two bottom side loops holes and the bottom loop hole (for the guardian light).

In the photos I used the waist strap to carry a large beach towel. Depending on how long you need the straps to be, the excess strap can halved in length if you put the end of the strap through the gatekeeper.
    I've attached various photos of how it looks from the front, bottom and back.

Then I realised that if I didn't need to use the strap, I can just keep it through the guardian light loop hole. It looks ok to me and not too messy.

Then it got me thinking how I can manage the extra length of strap on the shoulder straps. Of course! Via the gatekeeper on the waist strap as well! So I did the same and it turns out out the gatekeepers were very functional and useful in this respect.

The second last photo show with excess strap on the shoulder straps being taught. As you can see it looks pretty neat and managed.
    Then the very last photo shows out the strap ends was arranged and flared out so that they don't slide out of the gatekeeper.

Now I'm happier man! As Chase Reeves would say, Thanks Tom Bihn! :) :)

My next challenge is to find a way to strap items vertically outside the bag. This could be a camera tripod or those cardboard tubes.

Synapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap-20191218_103511-jpgSynapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap-20191218_103453-jpgSynapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap-20191218_103518-1-jpgSynapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap-20191218_103534-jpgSynapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap-20191218_105428-1-jpgSynapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap-20191218_105745-1-jpgSynapse and Synik - Gatekeeper Waist Strap-20191218_115039-jpg
    Last edited by King_Qong; 12-17-2019 at 05:04 PM.

France
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome and neat

for vertically standing outside of the bag, my guess you would need to use the top handle with gatekeeper attach and/or bottom loop
    and why not some internal anchors/o-rings (and some straps)

(I don't have this issue since I have the GE version :P)
    just a Bihnion here