Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monster truck vs Ikea bag

When I shop at Costco, I use Ikea bags to carry everything into the house but my idea bags are starting to get holes so I bought a Monster truck to compare. The Monster Truck is much smaller but when fully loaded it is easier to carry.

Monster truck vs Ikea bag-06fe50ff-dd9d-4d33-9ea2-a2de509d744d-jpegMonster truck vs Ikea bag-ea6ab897-acd5-409d-8758-3b36654dffaa-jpeg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished our first outing with our new Monster Trucks. They are awesome! Still have two large shop bags but they probably won’t get used as often now. The dividers make a big difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a zip top shop bag but I think I prefer the Monster truck

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at IKEA yesterday and was thinking about the same thing IKEA bag vs the TB Monster Truck.

There's no substitute for the TB if you want quality. The look and feel is totally different!

Take my money TB!

I haven't got one yet but I'm planning to at the next opportunity.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Ikea bags for storing and carrying things I wouldn’t want to carry in one of my nicer bags. They’re perfect for that. I also have the trolley bag here: https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/frakta-...blau-90149148/ . It’s the perfect size for putting my hiking backpack into it when I have to check it. That way there’s absolutely no danger of getting any straps caught on the way and ruining my backpack. And it folds down very small and weighs only 190g. I keep it in the water bladder pocket at my destination. It’s perfect for that use case! Right now it’s down in the cellar keeping some things from getting dusty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that! I'll have to look out for those on my next IKEA run. (I tried to score one of the rainbow bags when they issued them, but they were all out when I finally made it to the store.)

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I like the Ikea bags for storing and carrying things I wouldn’t want to carry in one of my nicer bags. They’re perfect for that. I also have the trolley bag here: https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/frakta-...blau-90149148/ . It’s the perfect size for putting my hiking backpack into it when I have to check it. That way there’s absolutely no danger of getting any straps caught on the way and ruining my backpack. And it folds down very small and weighs only 190g. I keep it in the water bladder pocket at my destination. It’s perfect for that use case! Right now it’s down in the cellar keeping some things from getting dusty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that! I'll have to look out for some on my next IKEA run. I like bringing a plastic bag to cover my personal item when stashing it under-seat on a plane, or as overflow when getting on/off - this could be a good option, albeit crinkly).

(I tried to score one of the rainbow IKEA bags when they issued them, but they were all out when I finally made it to the store.)

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Last edited by haraya; 12-23-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Qong View Post
    I was at IKEA yesterday and was thinking about the same thing IKEA bag vs the TB Monster Truck.

There's no substitute for the TB if you want quality. The look and feel is totally different!

Take my money TB!

I haven't got one yet but I'm planning to at the next opportunity.

What color are you looking at?
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    What color are you looking at?
    For the monster truck I want Navy but they don't appear to have that at the moment. I'm in no hurry, otherwise maybe black.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Qong View Post
    For the monster truck I want Navy but they don't appear to have that at the moment. I'm in no hurry, otherwise maybe black.

Hi @King_Qong
    The Monster Trucks are currently only made of 525 ballistic, so the colour I think you're looking for is called Deep Blue (Navy was in the 1050d). It's a great colour. :)
    Several of us noticed that it doesn't seem to be listed as 'in production' in many items right now, so I checked in with Kat in Customer Service. She said that they are awaiting a new shipment of material, so it may be 8-10 weeks for it to appear in the Truck family again.

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Hi @King_Qong
    The Monster Trucks are currently only made of 525 ballistic, so the colour I think you're looking for is called Deep Blue (Navy was in the 1050d). It's a great colour. :)
    Several of us noticed that it doesn't seem to be listed as 'in production' in many items right now, so I checked in with Kat in Customer Service. She said that they are awaiting a new shipment of material, so it may be 8-10 weeks for it to appear in the Truck family again.

HTH
    Thanks G42!! Yeah, Deep Blue. Navy is also used in 420 parapack for the Syniks.

I think I can wait 8-10wks. It certainly appear to be a popular colour!