Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double carabiners pics

Here are some pics of the double carabiners. The minis are so cute!

Anyone else have more pics to share?

The Iberian ones are great for visibility. I could easily see where my Travel Stuff Sack was clipped to the stroller frame.

I clipped my lip balm onto my bag:

The carabiners on my jeans:

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double carabiners pics

I am quoting myself from the Discussion of new designs thread, because there’s a pic of the mini double carabiners being used to make a low tech zipper lock on the Icon.

Excerpted pics:

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    The mini carabiners can make a low tech Icon zipper lock with an 8” key strap connecting the rear zipper with the front two. Definitely for opportunistic thieves only, but it is so easy to do since my mini carabiners live on my Icon zippers anyway. Sorry you can’t see the back; the 8” keystrap is clipped onto the rear zipper directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    The mini carabiners can make a low tech Icon zipper lock with an 8” key strap connecting the rear zipper with the front two. Definitely for opportunistic thieves only, but it is so easy to do since my mini carabiners live on my Icon zippers anyway. Sorry you can’t see the back; the 8” keystrap is clipped onto the rear zipper directly.

EDIT: Thinking about it, you could do this without carabiners if you clipped one key strap to each front zipper, then attached them both to the rear zipper via a split ring (two key straps are an awkward fit on the zipper pull itself).
    9ca30d9beba003ed18c.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT: Thinking about it, you could do this without carabiners if you clipped one key strap to each front zipper, then attached them both to the rear zipper via a split ring (two key straps are an awkward fit on the zipper pull itself).

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double carabiners pics

I got this idea from @LordAnubis to shorten the handles of a large shop bag. Using the large size double carabiners - clipped to the o-ring with the handles threaded through.

Close-up shot:

Stuff sack attached to a Monster Truck - though not sure how sturdy this would be with heavier things inside the stuff sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by imagineez; 03-08-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This just arrived:

Double carabiners pics-img_4814-jpg

The small size carabiners are fantastic to use with the HLTs (Handy Little Things)

First, they immediately make it easier to use the Clear window Leaf Pouchkins from the First and Second Aid Pouches as accessories. I showed how this pouchkin could be used in the HLT1 in a post [#21, dated 12-19-2019] in the December 2019 debut: These iconic handy little things (Icon & HLT 1 and 2) thread.

One issue with using these pouchkins from the First and Second Aid Pouches is that their clips (such as the black clip in the upper left corner of the Red Double Pouchkin at the left) are stiff to snap on and off of O-rings. Adding a small double swivel carabiner, such as the one in Solar in the next picture, not only makes it easier to secure to the O-ring, but it also means that you have a lot more flexibility in positioning and flat-packing the attached pouches within the Handy Little Thing.
    Double carabiners pics-img_4812-jpg

It's both easier to move attached pouches out of the way when accessing different "layers" within your accessory, or to position them for O-rings that may be located at fixed positions that would otherwise be more constraining.
    Double carabiners pics-img_4813-jpg

And, you can use this size of carabiner to attach Knitting Tool Pouches, that only have O-rings in the corner, to one of the HLT O-rings. I like to use the Size #2 Knitting Tool Pouch for eating utensils (because the Ballistic Nylon Ends protect curved fork tines), and this is also a convenient size pouch for laptop connectors. This is the same tool pouch that I showed in my old post about using the (now-retired) Yeoman Duffel Mini or Small Aether Packing Cubes as a Lunch Bag:

This picture shows the Logic Blue HLT2 with a Size #2 Knitting Tool Pouch attached with a small Ultraviolet double swivel carabiner.

Double carabiners pics-img_4809-jpeg
    Here's what the Seapine HLT1 looks like suspended. You can see that the Solar Small Carabiner gives more flexibility in positioning the Double Pouchkin in the HLT, because you can flex the packing at both the carabiner loops and at the clip when you position the pouch. And the Iberian Large Carabiner at the top is just as eye-catching as @Cristina mentioned. It looks great with the Black Shadow Guide Backpack!

Can't wait to try out the Coyote Carabiners on the Guide's Edition Syniks!

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moriond, can you share the brand of metal utensils you show in your photo? Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstj315 View Post
    moriond, can you share the brand of metal utensils you show in your photo? Thank you!
    Hi @Sstj315 ,

The metal utensils are the Joseph Joseph GoEat Compact Stainless Steel Cutlery Set, and if you follow the link I gave for the originating post that the picture was excerpted from, you’ll find a direct link to the original product page at the manufacturer’s site. These now show as out of stock there, but you can find the product at Amazon, and a few other places on the web, including eBay. Here’s a current Amazon link for the product, but in the alternate color of green instead of gray (and I see there are 1,285 ratings, and it’s listed as Amazon’s choice with a price of $11.99).

The knife handle is magnetic, so spoon and fork pack together around the knife. I don’t uses the accompanying silicone case to store these, because the utensils pack much slimmer without it. They originally offered this in gray and green, then more recently in green and teal, but the teal listings generally seem out of stock.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @Sstj315 ,

The metal utensils are the Joseph Joseph GoEat Compact Stainless Steel Cutlery Set, and if you follow the link I gave for the originating post that the picture was excerpted from, you’ll find a direct link to the original product page at the manufacturer’s site. These now show as out of stock there, but you can find the product at Amazon, and a few other places on the web, including eBay. Here’s a current Amazon link for the product, but in the alternate color of green instead of gray (and I see there are 1,285 ratings, and it’s listed as Amazon’s choice with a price of $11.99).

The knife handle is magnetic, so spoon and fork pack together around the knife. I don’t uses the accompanying silicone case to store these, because the utensils pack much slimmer without it. They originally offered this in gray and green, then more recently in green and teal, but the teal listings generally seem out of stock.

HTH

moriond
    Thank you very much, moriond. This will be perfect for keeping in my desk drawer at work.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some more pictures of how small swivel carabiners can be used with the O-rings in the Syniks and Synapses:

Double carabiners pics-img_4833-jpg
    This is a 3D Clear Organizer Cube (Indigo Cordura) suspended from the O-rings of my Nebulous Grey/Dawn Synik 22

Double carabiners pics-img_4834-jpg
    One of the (retired) Skookum Dog Coyote Mesh Organizer Cubes in the Navy Parapack/ Steel Parapack Synik 30. One side of these cubes has a Coyote Snap Hook and the other has an O-ring

Double carabiners pics-img_4835-jpg
    The same Coyote Mesh Organizer Cube in my Guide's Edition Ursa Synik 22

When the cube is relatively light, using the smaller size swivel carabiners lets you carry the pouch closer to the top of the bag.

moriond

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Some more pictures of how small swivel carabiners can be used with the O-rings in the Syniks and Synapses:

Double carabiners pics-img_4833-jpg
    This is a 3D Clear Organizer Cube (Indigo Cordura) suspended from the O-rings of my Nebulous Grey/Dawn Synik 22

Double carabiners pics-img_4834-jpg
    One of the (retired) Skookum Dog Coyote Mesh Organizer Cubes in the Navy Parapack/ Steel Parapack Synik 30. One side of these cubes has a Coyote Snap Hook and the other has an O-ring

Double carabiners pics-img_4835-jpg
    The same Coyote Mesh Organizer Cube in my Guide's Edition Ursa Synik 22

When the cube is relatively light, using the smaller size swivel carabiners lets you carry the pouch closer to the top of the bag.

moriond
    I did a similar thing with my 3DOC! I opted for the medium carabiners though, when I have it fully loaded with my toiletries it gets pretty heavy and I didn't want to risk it with the smalls.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put my double carabiners to use soon, but in the meantime I amused myself by lining them up in one place so that I could see the entire collection:
    Double carabiners pics-img_20200401_095809-jpg
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it and so cute!

Thank you for bringing them to us, TB Crew!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to replace the elastic hair tie on the strap of my Pick Up Truck with a Double Carabiner. What size works best?

I clip a long key strap to it so The key strap moves up and down. I also clip a medium DOC because I do not want it to bend (which is what happens if I clip it to an O-Ring inside the bag.

Thank you very much!

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The little swivel clip prevents me from forgetting my mask when I leave the house.

Double carabiners pics-img_20200410_215309-jpg

edited: Ack! Giant image!
    Last edited by twosandalz; 04-10-2020 at 07:00 PM.