Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A video showing what you could pack in a Mini Yeoman Duffel

Hi folks,

This video shows what you could pack in the Mini Yeoman Duffel.

-m

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @maverick ,

As always, a terrific video. So glad to have you back on the forums.

Just a small correction to your last comment about the number of O-rings in the Yeoman Duffel: there are actually 5 O-rings around the opening. In addition to the three that you pointed out, the left and right sides each have an additional O-ring located further forward. I’ll excerpt a picture from my post (#61, dated 12-08-201) in the New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute thread. This picture uses keystraps (and a Small Organizer Pouch) to mark the locations of these O-rings in my Steel Mini Yeoman Duffel.

The keystraps are old 16” keystraps in retired colors and fabrics that were chosen to be more noticeable
    • Crimson (Cordura) keystrap (Center, not connected to anything)
    • Wasabi (Cordura) keystrap (Left rear, connected to Plum mesh 3D Organizer Cube)
    • Sapphire (Cordura) keystrap (Right rear, connected to Indigo Clear 3D Organizer Cube)
    • Solar (Dyneema/now called Halcyon) keystrap (Right front, connected to Solar(Halcyon) Side Effect
    • Small Kiwi Ballistic Organizer Pouch — snaphook attached directly to Left front O-ring)

The keystraps and accessories were left attached to their O-rings in later photos where the Steel Mini Yeoman was rotated and flipped over to show different views. Since the post was written to answer questions about whether the Mini Yeoman could hold a laptop, at the bottom of the Mini Yeoman Duffel is an old 13” MacBook Pro (pre-Retina models) in a size 6Z vertical cache. This was the cache I used when the first Synapses were made over a decade ago, and the size was also used by a number of 14” laptops. The later photos in the linked post show rotated views with the Solar Side Effect packed inside the Mini Yeoman Duffel, beside the laptop in its grey 6Z vertical cache, and other views with the cache taken ou of the Mini Yeoman Duffel, inserted into a Black 400d Halcyon Daylight Briefcase, and the Daylight Briefcase, containing the cache with laptop, dropped into the Steel Mini Yeoman Duffel, with all the accessories attached to the O-rings packed on top of it.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Although the Side Effect in Solar was chosen to make it easier to show that you had room to put a Side Effect beside the 13” laptop in its cache, I just wanted to emphasize that the Side Effect will be made in Solaris Halcyon later this year, so all of you will be able to order this.
    Last edited by moriond; 03-22-2020 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added note about future Side Effect in Solaris

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about overlooking the other O-rings! Thank you for catching that, @moriond ! 🙏🏽
    -m