Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your reviews are needed!

New! You can now add reviews for bags on the TOM BIHN website. We’ve been meaning to add that feature for years; we finally decided to make it happen so folks could leave reviews for our Reusable Cloth Face Masks. Of course, you can leave reviews for bags, pouches, or anything else we make.

And yes, I’m announcing this in the hopes that you will leave reviews. :D It feels funny to me to ask this so I hope it’s okay, but on the other hand, I mean, it’s kinda weird right now because the Aeronaut 45 has zero reviews and…. we’ve been making them for over 15 years now!

If you have some free time and would like to leave a review for a bag you own, or a Reusable Cloth Face Mask that you own, please do! Look at the very end of the description of any product page to see the spot to leave a review; I have attached a screen shot. Alternately, you can add #reviews to the end of any product url to be taken to that spot on the page. For example: https://www.tombihn.com/products/facemask#reviews

Some important notes:

• We want your 100% true-to-you review. Share what you love, what you like, and what you don’t like. Share kudos and constructive criticisms. Share what’s great and what’s annoying.
    • Share whatever comes naturally to you to share: a story of using a bag, who you think this bag would work for and who it wouldn’t work for, just a sentence or two summary, etc.

Hmm. I think that’s it! Feel free to ask any questions.

Your reviews are needed!-reviews-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh fun! Thanks @Darcy , I am looking forward to seeing people’s reviews. I imagine that the first wave might be the “frequently given answers” about certain bags on the forums (me explaining which sizes and shapes of objects fit best in a Parental Unit, @BWeaves mentioning the 2D acreage of the A45 over the A30, etc).

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    New! You can now add reviews for bags on the TOM BIHN website. We’ve been meaning to add that feature for years; we finally decided to make it happen so folks could leave reviews for our Reusable Cloth Face Masks. Of course, you can leave reviews for bags, pouches, or anything else we make.

And yes, I’m announcing this in the hopes that you will leave reviews. :D It feels funny to me to ask this so I hope it’s okay, but on the other hand, I mean, it’s kinda weird right now because the Aeronaut 45 has zero reviews and…. we’ve been making them for over 15 years now!

If you have some free time and would like to leave a review for a bag you own, or a Reusable Cloth Face Mask that you own, please do! Look at the very end of the description of any product page to see the spot to leave a review; I have attached a screen shot. Alternately, you can add #reviews to the end of any product url to be taken to that spot on the page. For example: https://www.tombihn.com/products/facemask#reviews

Some important notes:

• We want your 100% true-to-you review. Share what you love, what you like, and what you don’t like. Share kudos and constructive criticisms. Share what’s great and what’s annoying.
    • Share whatever comes naturally to you to share: a story of using a bag, who you think this bag would work for and who it wouldn’t work for, just a sentence or two summary, etc.

Hmm. I think that’s it! Feel free to ask any questions.

Your reviews are needed!-reviews-jpg
    Darcy,

It looks as though the review format is straight text comments. Is that correct? Is there any opportunity to edit or update a review?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A45 review submitted. I like the bag so much they'll think you paid me for the review, so I tried to stick to the facts. I mentioned that the proper way to load the bag is to set it down with the handle towards yourself, so the main flap flops towards the user. I left out that this always reminds me of the graphic of Mick Jagger lips with a giant tongue sticking out. It's kind of fun to have a private joke with yourself every time you pack.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3b View Post
    A45 review submitted. I like the bag so much they'll think you paid me for the review, so I tried to stick to the facts. I mentioned that the proper way to load the bag is to set it down with the handle towards yourself, so the main flap flops towards the user. I left out that this always reminds me of the graphic of Mick Jagger lips with a giant tongue sticking out. It's kind of fun to have a private joke with yourself every time you pack.
    I also submitted an A45 review, that bag is too good not to ha e reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've submitted an A30 review. Really happy to do this as the bag has been so great during my travels.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

The far west
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everyone has submitted reviews! It's a huge help and a good way to support our little company; not only do the reviews help folks make informed decisions, but I guess they also help our bags show up higher in search engine results.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    It looks as though the review format is straight text comments. Is that correct? Is there any opportunity to edit or update a review?
    That's correct. If anyone would like to update their review, I would suggest posting a new additional review and noting that it's an update of a previous review.

We chose this review app because it's made by the same folks who make our shopping cart, which means it was much easier to integrate and shouldn't slow down the website much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3b View Post
    Thank you very much for submitting a review!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I also submitted an A45 review, that bag is too good not to ha e reviews!
    Yay!!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Denises View Post
    I've submitted an A30 review. Really happy to do this as the bag has been so great during my travels.
    Thank you!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

France
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering if I should better post a review of my dear Mars Red Guide Edition S25 on GES25 page or S25 page ;)
    'cause the GES25 might be stopped definitely...
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I am wondering if I should better post a review of my dear Mars Red Guide Edition S25 on GES25 page or S25 page ;)
    I've been thinking the same thing. Right now my thought is to do it on the S25 page but lead with the fact that you've got a guide edition that isn't available anymore? And maybe don't mention the strap loops, since that's the only real structural difference.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't considered it yet, you might want to update the Reviews + section on the product pages. A link down to the bottom for the new reviews would be helpful. I think that would be the first place someone would look for the reviews and it still just sends you to the forum reviews.

Edit: I'm writing a few reviews to use up my nervous insomniac energy, but I have such anxiety about writing reviews. I don't know how people do it so well. Why am I so bad at describing why I love something!
    Last edited by goblin; 05-31-2020 at 02:14 AM. Reason: additional information

France
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. Right now my thought is to do it on the S25 page but lead with the fact that you've got a guide edition that isn't available anymore? And maybe don't mention the strap loops, since that's the only real structural difference.
    I finally wrote for both sides... standard/global details on S25 page, GE specific details only on GES25 (the review would be too long otherwise... *facepalm*)
    it is not displayed yet though
    just a Bihnion here

The far west
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everyone who has been posting reviews! It was heartening to check the review app and see how many new reviews were waiting for approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I finally wrote for both sides... standard/global details on S25 page, GE specific details only on GES25 (the review would be too long otherwise... *facepalm*)
    it is not displayed yet though
    Thanks to both of you for your consideration as to which page to publish to; either works for us. @Rei I just approved the latest batch of reviews! We manually approve reviews to weed out spam.

Quote Originally Posted by goblin View Post
    If you haven't considered it yet, you might want to update the Reviews + section on the product pages. A link down to the bottom for the new reviews would be helpful. I think that would be the first place someone would look for the reviews and it still just sends you to the forum reviews.

Edit: I'm writing a few reviews to use up my nervous insomniac energy, but I have such anxiety about writing reviews. I don't know how people do it so well. Why am I so bad at describing why I love something!
    I hear you on the review anxiety. I don't know what it is about! I've been making an effort lately to post more reviews of the items I purchase/appreciate because I know from our own experience how much those reviews matter. And then like, my mind goes blank and I suddenly don't know what to write. Sometimes I just end up writing: "I've been using ___ for a while now and it's great, totally works for me." and call that good.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of classic fixes for writer's block, that should also work for reviews. One is to grab a stack of post-it notes, and start writing facts and feelings, one item per note. They are then easily re-worked into an outline form that you can use to write from. Create one sentence per note, or combine several notes into a sentence. Expand if you have to, but keep in mind that reviews should be short.

If the post-it notes are still not working for you, grab a nice pad of paper or blank journal and your favorite writing tool. Seriously, now is the time to break out that fountain pen, or even that set of art pens. Then try to clear your mind and just start writing impressions. (By the way, this is easy using voice-to-text if you prefer that art form. Open a note on your phone and start recording, and pick up your bag and just start talking about it.) Don't filter at this stage, or think about your intended audience. Draw pictures and diagrams if it helps. I think a lot of us get stuck on distilling a few years of experience with the bag into a paragraph, and it's an impossible task. However, after you've filled a page (or three), go through with a highlighter or red pencil and capture the essence of the special viewpoint your experiences bring to the table. After reading your review, what is it that your audience simply must know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Jimbo3b! Are you a writing teacher? Those are incredible suggestions. Thank you.