Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for max carryon size Aeronaut 45?

Anyone have real world pics of the A45?
    I'm in the market for a max carryon size bag and I'm looking at the Tristar and A45. The A45 is 45bucks cheaper and is larger. But it seems the TriStar is more organized. I also like the fact that both are also backpacks. Decisions, decisions!

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can see dozens of clips of the A45 in use on YouTube and various online travel forums. It is a popular buy-for -life bag and I like mine and my A30. I have no experience with the TriStar but it has legions of fans. Depends on your preferences for organization or bag layout. I must say, there are many 45liter bags on the market including Patagucci’s MLC45 on which I have put many miles.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kamperdog , I'm with @Bogiesan on this: there are so many real-world reviews with videos and photos online that what we post here would just be duplicative.

For a non-visual answer to your dilemma: it comes down to your packing philosophy. The Tri-Star has more built in organization, and the A45 (and A30) offer big open spaces and the flexibility that comes along with it. For me, the Aeronauts work better, because I prefer to create an organization scheme that matches my trip and the contents. If you're the kind of person who always packs the same things (or mostly the same), then the Tri-Star might be simpler in the sense that you don't need additional packing cubes, etc.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To build on what @kathryn said, I think of the Tri-Star and Western Flyer as more amenable to 2D/flat pack style and the Aeronauts to a more 3D/cube style
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G42: And what about us fourth dimensional travelers?
    The OP’s question took me back to the catalog pages for both products where I gazed longingly at the photos and played the video clips many times, just to remember what it was like to pack and repack in anticipation of a long haul plane flight to unknown parts of the world. Sigh.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogiesan View Post
    G42: And what about us fourth dimensional travelers?
    The OP’s question took me back to the catalog pages for both products where I gazed longingly at the photos and played the video clips many times, just to remember what it was like to pack and repack in anticipation of a long haul plane flight to unknown parts of the world. Sigh.
    If you can beam me outta here to another dimension, I'm all for it!!! :)

I miss travel too... I'm redirecting those urges towards exploring the neighborhoods that I can reach on foot... I'm walking 5-8mi each day, up and down streets, seeing what changes are happening: flowering trees, roses, animals, window signs, front lawns, wild flowers, sidewalk chalk drawings, etc. The neighbors who seem to use their parked cars as 'away spaces'... The muscle cars idled, covered with pollen, intricate spider webs between the side mirrors and windows... The flock of turkeys in my area makes an appearance most days too. I'm thinking of it as slow travel through time and watching spring unfold.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G42 is a writer, too. Well done.