Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A funny thing happened on the way downstairs

This was going to be a somewhat different post about a half hour ago... more “organizational wonder” than “thanksgiving for design quality that saves us from ourselves...” I’ll try to bring both of those to bear on the photo...

I realize this is bag-in-bag, but let me just sing the praises of a number 4 stuff sack as a way to hold things together in a smaller bag. In this #4, inside a DLBP, is a medium OP with two notebooks, two pens, a small double organizer with bits and bobs; a book of Mario Benedetti poetry, another notebook, and a small snake charmer (horizontal-it’s in the dark part) with daily use stuff. I just love how it holds it all together...I dislike the feeling of things being loose, lumpy, shifty in a backpack and this is such a simple tidy solution!

...which also comes in SO handy when you also carry a thermos of coffee (toward the bottom left) and FORGET TO CHECK THE LID. Bag soaked on the inside and oozing out the bottom seam; paper dry as can be in the #4, which was dripping from the outside when I pulled it out.

Sigh...no harm, no foul, coffee washes out...and provides another reason to express gratitude for such an awesome company who produces such functional, fun, and quality, goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KmK; 04-27-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post! I am also a dedicated fan of the stuff sacks. They are the most versatile TB items overall IMHO.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    I am also a dedicated fan of the stuff sacks. They are the most versatile TB items overall IMHO.
    I'm hoping they make stuff sacks or halcyon OPs in the new coyote and solaris. I'd like to get something in the new colors, in an item that is more useful for me!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they make the stuff sacks in Solaris I'll get one in each size for sure!
    Last edited by bartleby; 04-29-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they make the stuff sacks in Solaris I'll get one in each size for sure!
    I believe that is the plan. Before the shutdown, I had emailed with customer service and at the time solaris stuff sacks were on the production schedule.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!