Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    My (first) Second Aid Kit contains childrenís Tylenol/paracetamol, bandages and balms, and chocolate:
    I love that chocolate is a First Aid Item :)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    2020 has seen an uptick in Dementor attacks!

Alabama
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 3
    Played matchy-matchy with my small cafe bag. Itís more of a bug-out bag, contains important papers, my pouch of jewelry, FAK, head lamp, a mask, portable battery, travel accessories, and my electronics. All these things live in my bag on the day-to-day so I can just grab and run without thinking or worrying about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 6: Side Effect in Original Nordic Halcyon/Solar, with a Gossamer Gear Fast Belt attached.

This is my main running bag. I like a Side Effect for running because itís small but well organized. I carry tissues, a hat (you actually see two hats above, one merino beanie over a cap), adhesive bandages, hand sanitizer, a mask and shopping bags (I usually stop in for groceries on my way home). I can also fit thin gloves in there.

The Gossamer Gear Fast Belt is fantastic. I bought one about 90 seconds after seeing it mentioned in a post here (thanks @melminimalist !). It uses gatekeeper clips which means itís compatible with TB waist strap attachment points! It really enhances the Side Effect as a running bag because I feel like the SE bounces less with GG belt on. Maybe because it has more contact with my body? Or because I put my phone in the belt pocket instead of the SE and it distributes the weight more? Iím really happy with this setup.

See you on Day 7!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Itís essential for any emergency!! Bag-a-Day Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    2020 has seen an uptick in Dementor attacks!
    Isnít that the truth Bag-a-Day Challenge

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Day 6: Side Effect in Original Nordic Halcyon/Solar, with a Gossamer Gear Fast Belt attached.

The Gossamer Gear Fast Belt is fantastic. I bought one about 90 seconds after seeing it mentioned in a post here (thanks @melminimalist !). It uses gatekeeper clips which means it’s compatible with TB waist strap attachment points! It really enhances the Side Effect as a running bag because I feel like the SE bounces less with GG belt on. Maybe because it has more contact with my body? Or because I put my phone in the belt pocket instead of the SE and it distributes the weight more? I’m really happy with this setup.

See you on Day 7!
    Intrigued with the Fast Belt. Have you used it with any of the backpacks? I’ve been using a hack to attach my SE to my S22 but it’s a little wonky. Could you access these pockets while a pack is on your back? Thx.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Intrigued with the Fast Belt. Have you used it with any of the backpacks? I’ve been using a hack to attach my SE to my S22 but it’s a little wonky. Could you access these pockets while a pack is on your back? Thx.
    @Traveltech ,
    You might take a look at the post where @melminimalist used her Gossamer Gear Fast Belt with the the Packing Cube Backpack for A30. It’s in the Your Photos are Needed thread, so unless you picked up on this the way @Cristina did, you might not have noticed it.

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Intrigued with the Fast Belt. Have you used it with any of the backpacks? Iíve been using a hack to attach my SE to my S22 but itís a little wonky. Could you access these pockets while a pack is on your back? Thx.
    I havenít yet but I was going to try this for tomorrowís Bag a Day! Normally I use a different hip belt pouch added on to the waist belt on my backpacks (and yes I can access the pouch while wearing the bag) but Iíll try the GG one and let you know specifically how easy the GG pouches are in this regard. Theyíre a bit smaller than the ones I already have on my backpacks.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to the post moriond mentioned hereís a pick of the gg belt on the a30 packing cube backpack in backpack mode. Iíve also put it on a smart alec and a synapse 25.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 7:
    Luminary 15 in Aubergine 525/Cloud 210

I needed to go hands-free today to take my younger one out on the bike so I pulled out this lovely elegant backpack.

I hardly needed to carry anything, just my essentials, tea, fingerless mittens and my first aid kit.

There is also kids toothpaste in the picture because... long story. We were delivering it.

In the end the mittens went into the outside side pocket, but I toyed with the inner top pocket.

First/Second Aid Kit, Contigo 16oz, shopping bag in main compartment:

The thing Iím realizing through this challenge is just how many choices I have when I am not carrying that much. When I have a fuller load, I get very fussy about what goes in which pocket, and if things are stacked on top of each other, but if I have a lot of wiggle room I can just choose whichever bag is a bit restless that day.

See you on Day 8.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag-a-Day Challenge

Day 8: Synapse 19, Navy parapack/Solar.

I adore the colors and materials of this bag. Navy parapack is just gorgeous and the Solar inside is like having a light in your bag.

I wanted another handsfree day to take my younger one out. I like to take the big First Aid Kit (confusingly in a Second Aid Kit) whenever we are out on a local adventure. Fits perfectly in the chin pocket.

I also wanted to try out the Gossamer Gear Fast Belt on the Synapse for @Traveltech . They are brilliant and easy to access while wearing the bag.

Theyíre noticeably smaller than a 3DOC but the mesh is stretchy so they do hold more than it seems at first glance.

See you on Day 9 with the first TB bag I ever bought!
    Last edited by Cristina; 10-26-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 9: Side Kick, Black Halcyon/Island.

I love the Side Kick. Itís such a spacious small bag. Itís a big small bag. Holds a ton but keeps it organized.

I like to keep a waist strap on just in case:

I really donít like to completely unpack and repack my bag all the time because I end up forgetting things. This is why I have a bag in bag approach. Using it here does seem a bit silly but it is possible!

Yes, I sometimes put my EC inside my SK, if I need essentials plus winter accessories and/or umbrella, shopping bags, or small water bottle.

Carrying EC, hat and fingerless mittens, shopping bag and sanitizing spray for the basket or trolley/cart handles at the grocery store.

Just for fun though, letís unpack what is actually in my EC because I forgot whatís in it:

Thatís where my little blue shopping bag was! It was hiding at the bottom under my wallet. Tiny first aid kit in a Mini Iberian OP, sanitizer/lip balm/tissues, mask (TB Twill), wallet and keys. I forgot I had the mini first aid kit in there too. I like redundancy though so when I need the big first aid kit, Iíll still leave the mini one in there. Thatís the beauty of the bag-in-bag approach.

Letís repack everything into the SK:

Whoops! Itís raining, let me tuck my Fulton ultralight umbrella on top:

See you on Day 10.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag-a-Day Challenge

Day 10: A30 Packing Cube Backpack, Island

This is a bit of a deeper cut into my collection as I havenít been taking my PCBPs out at all. This challenge has reminded me of why I should! We had a lovely trip out today and I appreciated the large pocket and super light weight of the bag.

At the last minute I needed to stuff a childís winter jacket in the big pocket and this was quite easy.

I did some jogging and racing with the bag on and I didnít notice it at all, it was very comfortable and stayed in place. The wide straps are great.

While we were out the jacket came out of the bag. On the way home we stopped in a shop and the large pocket made a fine substitute for all the shopping bags I forgot to pack.

See you on Day 11!
    Last edited by Cristina; 10-29-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 4
    Packed and ready to go to Gímaís house as we are without power after Hurricane Zeta. Nordic smart alec, holding bfís overnight essentials.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoying your Bag-a-Day challenge, @Cristina . On another day could you transform your PCBP into the waist pack and show what fits inside? I’m interested in how the bag looks with it’s outside all tucked in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast