Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 11: A45 Packing Cube Backpack, in Fjord.

Using my A30 PCBP yesterday reminded me of how much I like the PCBPs for a bit of shopping. I put my EC and Contigo mug in the bottom pocket of the A45 PCBP and then I fit the big and heavy shopping (several liter/quart cartons of drinks, etc) in the big pocket. No Fulton ultralight umbrella because I carried my giant golf umbrella instead; it has been relentlessly wet this week.
    @Traveltech thank you! I will take pics of both PCBPs in their various modes tomorrow in daylight.

See you on Day 12!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Day 4
    Packed and ready to go to Gímaís house as we are without power after Hurricane Zeta. Nordic smart alec, holding bfís overnight essentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hope you get your power back soon, and that your area is ok @melminimalist

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag-a-Day Challenge

@Traveltech here are some pics of my PCBPs in various modes.

A30 PCBP in Island:

A30 PCBP in waist pack mode.

The rest of the bag does take up a lot of the space in the waist bag, but thereís still plenty of room for a small water bottle, phone, hat, etc, and the front zip pocket becomes an inside zip pocket.

A30 PCBP in Packing Cube mode:

A45 PCBP in Fjord:

A45 PCBP in Packing Cube mode:

A45 PCBP in what I call ďstorage modeĒ which is when you stuff the whole thing inside out in the bottom pocket:

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag-a-Day Challenge

Day 12: Synapse 25, Deep Blue/Iberian

What a great bag for a pocket person like me!

Action shot of a childís jacket in the bag as it was warmer than we thought:

I needed to go pick up some books from the library so the bag left the house nearly empty and came home full. I also correctly predicted a park visit afterwards, which is why I packed the first (Second) Aid Kit.

The current version of the Synapse 25 is a real an improvement over my 2016 model in two ways:
    1. The Edgeless Straps, which are so much more comfortable to me
    2. The bigger side pockets that have stolen some space from the water bottle pocket. Theyíre so much more useful to me now that I can fit my EC in there! I tend to carry small water bottles that fit in the side pockets anyway, and with the bigger pockets I can actually fit two bottles in one side pocket (pictured here an a 12oz Systema water bottle and a 12oz Contigo Autoseal).

The S25 is what originally brought me to TB and the bag design has just gotten better over time. This is one of my very favorite bags.

See you on Day 13

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 13: Small Zip-Top Shop Bag, in Dawn

Today we went reverse trick or treating, delivering little Halloween party ďbagsĒ (actually boxes to pop through the mail slot/letterbox) to some of our friends.

I wanted a tote for easy access and I wanted it to zip closed because of the rain. You canít really see it but my EC is in there to the left of the boxes.

Happy Halloween!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this!

Hereís my DAY ONE:

School colors, Tom Bihn style.
    Just did this, havenít used it yet, but I know Iíll be the envy of all the parents Bag-a-Day Challenge

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAY TWO: Trial of the Everyday Cubelet as my minimum carry (and only part of my EDC set up). Very much like the 210d ballistic - similar hand as the halcyon. This thing carries a LOT and I quickly discovered that I donít like the narrower shoulder strap: it tended - for whatever weird reason - to cut into my neck. So I did a thing, and am using the Side Kick strap with the EC. It probably wonít be my favorite minimum carry - my stuff is too squished in there. I much prefer the Side Kick for my minimum carry; thereís plenty of room left over to make it easy to find stuff/access stuff, but I can put my iPad mini or folded papers or a micro umbrella or a flask (for water, you lush) in there if I chose to.

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisscosity View Post
    This thing carries a LOT and I quickly discovered that I donít like the narrower shoulder strap: it tended - for whatever weird reason - to cut into my neck. So I did a thing, and am using the Side Kick strap with the EC.
    I agree, the original strap is way too narrow. I use the 1Ē shoulder strap with mine. Same as the Side Kick strap in width, but it has snaphooks that swivel. Itís much more comfortable and looks proportionate to my eye too.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting...one of the things I love about the Everyday Cubelet is it’s narrow shoulder strap. ��

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 14: Swift, Black Halcyon/UV

This bag is a house cat, keeping my knitting projects safe at home since I havenít attended an in-person knitting group in quite some time. Even still, it does get used and it deserves a day in the spotlight!

I love the button closure. If you donít know the background of the Swift, it was designed for knitters and thatís how I use it.

The contents:
    Hat project in UV clear-bottomed yarn stuff sack, sweater project in Solar Travel Stuff Sack Size 4, sock project in Solar TSS Size 2, double-pointed needles in Pen/Tool Wrap, hat project in UV TSS Size 2, knitting notions in Azure 3DOC.

Packed bag:

See you on Day 15

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 5
    Packed for school tomorrow, some extra layers as the power situation is iffy right now. Some extra cleaning supplies for the stinking fridge that awaits me, and some snacks, just cause.

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrls View Post
    Interesting...one of the things I love about the Everyday Cubelet is itís narrow shoulder strap. ��
    I thought I loved it until I used it to carry something a little heavier... It is fine for my relatively light dog-walking EC.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DAY THREE: I have a black halcyon/UV Swift, too!! I love this for my crochet stuff. It is always nearby. My current project using superwash merino sock yarn: a lacy wrap! I wear a lot of dark, conservative colors, so this will be my Pop. Whatís my fave color, you say?

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 6
    My side effect is my fanny pack attachment to my travel bag, it stores my electronics in everyday life.

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 15: Pika, Logic Blue

I never got along with the Pika, because I carry too much I guess. Iím not as much of a minimalist as it requires.

But you know, things change. Sometimes I really only need my keys, mask, sanitizer, phone, and lip balm.

The phone is being used to take the pics, but it went in the main pocket.

Lip balm in the back zip pocket:

Sanitizer and mask in the back open top pocket:

Keys in the front pocket:

This setup works well enough if I am only heading to school to pickup or drop off the kids with no further business like quick stops for groceries. Iíve been doing school-only trips a lot recently because of one thing or another, so this is a good time for me to get some use out of the Pika.

See you on Day 16

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast