Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 24: Cubelet in Viridian, accompanied by a Daylight Backpack in Original Halcyon

Normally I consider the Cubelet to be an inner bag, holding masks inside my Parental Unit, for a recent example. Since, however, Iím reconsidering what is essential (less than I think) and how much I appreciate quick access to things (more than I realized) this was worth a try.

Instead of putting the Cubelet in the DLBP front pocket like I normally would, I looked for another little-used item, the Handle loop. Could only find the O-Ring Handle Loop this morning, so took the bag out like this with a Nite-Ize s-biner:

My little iPhone SE does fit in the Cubelet, though it does touch the top of the bag when zipped, but I like my phone in my pocket anyway so it didnít matter.

While I was clearing out some lockdown homeschooling stuff, I found the Snaphook Handle Loop. I swapped them and took it out in the afternoon like this:

The DLBP collected some books from the library and held the snacks (it is not actually halva in he box anymore, that would be a very messy after school snack Bag-a-Day Challenge)

I enjoyed this setup! A 3DOC might sometimes be more practical as a Handle Loop Bag because it will more comfortably hold my phone, however, the Cubelet does fit in my coat pocket so if I have a coat pocket that day, I could put the Cubelet in my left hand coat pocket and my phone in the right hand pocket. I think I used to shove loose items into my coat pocket 15 years ago, but Iím afraid of losing things so I like to tether, tether, tether.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 25: Truck in Dawn, accompanied by an Original Halcyon DLBP and Grass 3DOC

I went out for a shopping trip this morning, walking 2.5 miles past some farmland to try a new fruit and veg shop (I live within a half mile of several shops; this was just a fun exploration). I knew I would probably buy delicate produce so I took the Truck. The flat and rigid bottom and the large divided pockets would give me the best chance of getting everything home in one piece. I mean, anything I bought had to get hauled 2.5 miles home as well. Also, the Truck when completely dull is a bit more manageable than the Monster Truck, which is slightly unwieldy for distances.

The Truck folds nicely into the DLBP along next to my 16oz Contigo.

For essentials, a second new-to-this-challenge bag, a 3DOC in Grass! Here it is with the handle loop on it:

It started out in the front pocket:

Stopped to admire the autumn leaves and take a pic with the DLBP.

Wonderful surprise was that the 3DOC fit into the pocket of this coat! Here is me holding up the Handle Loop to show the 3DOC is all the way in the pocket.

After the shop, the 3DOC moved to the Truck so I could get keep the hand sanitizer close by.

The Truck is a great bag for produce shopping. My blackberries and strawberries in particular would have suffered in a less rigid bag.

I also stopped at a garden centre on the way home but I didnít take a pic of the additional items. Needless to say the Truck was quite full. I was even more grateful of the bagís structure as it was pretty poorly packed by me!

When I got home I switched to the Parental Unit for school pickup and then the park. I have missed my PU! (It looks empty but it isnít)

See you on Day 26.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 26: Little Swift in Navy/UV, accompanied by DLBP

What a gorgeous bag. The eagle-eyed will note that I featured my Black/Fjord Little Swift on Day 2. I am not going to feature every single color variation of every one of my bags (we would have a whole week of PCSBs and another of Shop Bags!) but I wanted to feature this one, and then Iím going to close the series tomorrow with another home-based bag.

I fell for this particular LS because my wardrobe is primarily navy and black. In that light, what a perfect bag this is! Goes with everything I own. And it looks so adorably tidy with the button closure.

A friend and I have been going for Friday walks that inevitably end with some grocery shopping, so I folded up my Halcyon DLBP and tucked it inside along with my trusty 16oz Contigo full of Pukka Three Cinnamon Blend Tea and my favorite Everyday Cubelet. It was a beautiful, dry morning and we found a lovely wooded walk we hadnít done before.

See you on Day 27!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag-a-Day Challenge

Day 27: Home Edition, featuring the Monster Truck in Nebulous Grey and the Field Journal Notebook

This is one huge bag. It is so huge that I donít use it for shopping, I am using it to store the kids activity books and other educational stuff.

In the left pocket are some math blocks, Cuisinaire Rods, and drawing pads, in the middle are loads of activity books, drawing books, a slim binder with school passwords, etc, and some dry erase sleeves, and in the right hand pocket are the kidsí Field Journal notebooks, which hold drawing paper and pencils, etc.

Letís just take a moment to appreciate the Field Journal Notebook, shall we?

I donít normally take it outside but I could:

This lovely French Blue FJN has dividers for craft projects, recipes, and other plans. I used it during the first lockdown to write down all the various iterations of my stress baking.

(Edited to add some FJN pics)
    Here is my Azure FJN, which is for art (mostly watercolor) not planning:

As you can see I donít keep things in the pen slots of the pocket inserts, because what I use fits better in other pockets.

In the first lockdown I spent a lot of time with my FJNs, trying to keep sane. We used the Monster Truck all day every day. Though we are now in the middle of lockdown 2.0 and schools have been open since September, I have kept the Monster Truck under the coffee table, filled with these things as itís very handy to have them all in one place, not getting completely lost amongst the toys and craft materials that take over the rest of the living room.

So thank you TB for making items that keep my stuff organized out of the house as well as inside the house!

I have really enjoyed doing this Bag a day series and if I werenít out of bags, I would keep doing it! I really encourage anyone who feels in a bit of a rut to try it. I have learned a lot in doing it.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Cristina; 11-15-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks, @Cristina

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These have been great @Cristina ! (and the other folks that put some bags/days in)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for this thread. I've really enjoyed looking at your beautiful photos and seeing how you use the wonderful Tom Bihn products.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've all been watching this thread and enjoying it too :)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5