Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A quick look of Everyday Cubelet in Solaris

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red pulls look so good! I love the patches, too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to lose that bag, or anything inside it! Makes me think if I should get a stuff sack or two for backpacking since those would stand out brilliant if dropped on the ground. Thank for sharing your pictures and glad to see you’re enjoying the bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The patches, the pulls, it's all so perfect!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    St. Paul, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw that these existed today and it looks so good! The red zipper pulls are so nice.

How does the Halcyon 200 feel for a bag like this? Previously I've only see 400 used as the exterior fabric of a bag.
    Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeaAbe View Post
    I just saw that these existed today and it looks so good! The red zipper pulls are so nice.

How does the Halcyon 200 feel for a bag like this? Previously I've only see 400 used as the exterior fabric of a bag.
    Previously, for the Everyday Cubelet (used to be Travel Cubelet), we've only seen 200d Halcyon in Northwest Sky and Island, but both of these options have been available from quite early on (see, the List - Everyday / Travel Cubelet thread that @G42 started, and that I recently updated with the new 200d Halcyon options).

I think that your reaction to the 200d Halcyon may depend on your usage. For people who like to use the EC for bag in bag organization @G42 is one of these), the lighter weight fabrics may be preferred. We've seen a lot of extra usage of the 200d Halcyon versions from people who want minimalist carries that they can also wash frequently since the Covid-19 period. If you use the EC as an all-purpose extra carry bag (as in the many great @maverick photos), then the 525d Ballistic material may work better for you.

I'll just add that the EC has never been made in 400d Halcyon. I am personally looking forward to the Side Effects that are in production in 200d Halcyon. I've really liked that option for the Side Effect, and I have a Solar Side Effect in 200d Halcyon that I've been using for a long time.

moriond

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pulls and patches make the bag! I bought the solaris EC, and then returned it. It wasn't quite right plain. I wish I'd thought of decorating it!