Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ursa Shadow Guide V2

TL:DR it’s a really comfortable, giant sack that can fit a lot of differently shaped items.

Is it still a shadow if it’s not black? I was lucky to receive the 33L Shadow Guide V2 today as part of the giveaway thread. I chose the Ursa Brown since I have too many black bags, and I really love the color. It’s a deep brown, and I really love the 2 tone look.

The material and construction are top notch of course. One cinch opening at the top means less zippers or stitching to possible break. The cord and eyelets can sorta flop in your way if stuffing a bulky item into the bag when empty, but once you start packing the bag stays open well enough. Overall I like the open cord and eyelets, just in the off chance something did break it would be really easy to fix while traveling.

Straps and back panel feel so comfortable. The straps are much thicker than I remember on my Synapse, which is great considering the extra space and weight you can fit in this bag. When loaded out it still carries really comfortable. I’d like to take it on a hike or something just to test it out over a whole day, but on first impression it feels great.

My Surface laptop (13in?) has plenty of room and feels well protected. When the main pack is loaded, it’s still easy to slide the laptop in and out. It also carries pretty unnoticed without that “board on the back” feeling some bags can have.

The top has a good deal of capacity on it’s own. It easily fit a rain jacket and 1L water bottle. There are 2 pockets on the underside that would be good for thinner items like charging cables or a passport. They aren’t very easy to access when the bag is full, but it’s possible to get to the zipper with some fussing.

Packing out the main compartment, this thing is huge! It’s a little rounded, which I find great for fitting just that extra little item. I packed a couple of little test scenarios.

This is more packing cubes than I think I’d ever need to bring, but probably missing a few other odds and ends. I think this will be my go-to bag for travel longer than weekend, or any cold weather trips. This load is what’s in the bag in the top picture.

Commute/Workout. I think this would be great for a daily scenario of gym/commute with a change of clothes and still have room to pick up a few groceries. My size 12 shoes can fit horizontally along the bottom, leaving lots of room on top.

I’m really excited to use this bag for trips and adventures. Pretty much any size or shape of things you need to carry will fit in here, and it carries really comfortably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt5000; 10-26-2020 at 06:23 PM.