Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truckasana - first look as a picnic tote

Thanks to TB, my Truckasana arrived and it's a neat new addition to the Truck family.
    The Solar inside is a lovely pop of happiness against the Constellation blue (which is 'French Blue' to me).

I'll post a review of it as a yoga tote in a couple days... I practice (and practice) Iyengar yoga which uses lots of props, so I'm still messing about with that.

For a quick check on other cylindrical things that the new top design would be good for, I decided on a picnic set up since I've been doing a lot of Socially Distanced meet ups with friends in a local park. We all bring our own chairs/blankets, food & drink, etc. and sit 8ft or more way from each other, in a circle and hang out. Very good for mental health breaks, especially for those of us who live alone.

So here's the tote loaded up, not even close to being full. That's an REI Stowaway low chair in the green bag on top (holiday present for a friend, my grey version lives in my car right now). It carries very well.

Truckasana - first look as a picnic tote-pxl_20201202_203741180-jpeg

Here's a top down view of what's inside - you can see that there's lots of room left.

Truckasana - first look as a picnic tote-pxl_20201202_203801215-jpeg

And here are the random contents

Truckasana - first look as a picnic tote-pxl_20201202_203846552-jpeg

Two large 1 quart round glass containers
    A similarly sized square sandwich box
    Opinel Nomad Cooking Kit in the blue cloth wrapper (purchased based on reco's from this Forum)
    Microlite 17oz water bottle
    Zip utensil pouch from Etsy
    Two rolled kitchen towells

I could easily put books, take out containers, a small insulated cooler bag, etc. in here as well.
    The zip pockets on front and back fit misc. supplies, including hand sanitizer and extra masks.

Not shown - the Clear Quarter Packing Cube (disco'd), 3DOCs, and the Deluxe Spiff Kit all fit really well in this as in the Truck.

I know this bag sold out very quickly and wasn't even a full production lot per @Darcy but they're making more soon.
    Last edited by G42; 12-02-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: typos gallore
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh brilliant idea!! I have an REI chair which folds up even smaller - that would be perfect with the Truckasana! This is such a great setup for a picnic!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent review, @G42 . I think the Trucksana as a social distancing bag to visit with friends is awesome. And I was also thinking along the same lines as haraya in using the Trucksana to tote stuff like a folding lightweight Alite chair. It will be very handy when I go to the lake. I generally take a large shop bag, but I think the Trucksana will be easier to corral my stuff. So many practical uses to ponder. Canít wait to try it out.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot