Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

California
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel Laundry Stuff Sack Best Bicycle Commute Accessory

I've owned the travel laundry stuff sack for 3-4 years. I originally bought the bag for travel, but I'm now using it almost everyday. When I first looked at this bag, it was such a simple design, yet makes so much difference, keeping clothes in the same place, but keeping the dirty socks away from the clean shirts. I now ride my bike to work and the travel laundry stuff sack comes with me everyday. On my way to work I keep my clean clothes, towel, and soap on the clean side. After my shower I can store my sweaty clothes in the dirty side. I dry my towel during the day and pack it back in the clean side for the ride home. I'm not constantly juggling plastic bags to keep my sweaty clothes from getting my other items soggy. I only have to carry one bag to the shower. The bag does not hold onto odors, no matter how sweaty my socks are. It can hold clean undies, socks, shirt, pants, towel with no problem. Unless I squeeze the bag and a poof of air comes out of the dirty side, I cannot smell my clothes when they are in the bag. I've sat in a pretty small office right next to the bag and never noticed any smell coming from it.

Anyone else use the TLSS for bike commute?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for delurking @cloudwatchin and for sharing that use case for the TLSS - good idea!
    :)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudwatchin View Post
    I've owned the travel laundry stuff sack for 3-4 years. I originally bought the bag for travel, but I'm now using it almost everyday. When I first looked at this bag, it was such a simple design, yet makes so much difference, keeping clothes in the same place, but keeping the dirty socks away from the clean shirts. I now ride my bike to work and the travel laundry stuff sack comes with me everyday. On my way to work I keep my clean clothes, towel, and soap on the clean side. After my shower I can store my sweaty clothes in the dirty side. I dry my towel during the day and pack it back in the clean side for the ride home. I'm not constantly juggling plastic bags to keep my sweaty clothes from getting my other items soggy. I only have to carry one bag to the shower. The bag does not hold onto odors, no matter how sweaty my socks are. It can hold clean undies, socks, shirt, pants, towel with no problem. Unless I squeeze the bag and a poof of air comes out of the dirty side, I cannot smell my clothes when they are in the bag. I've sat in a pretty small office right next to the bag and never noticed any smell coming from it.

Anyone else use the TLSS for bike commute?
    Hi @cloudwatchin ,

I think you joined the forums after @Badger posted her thread on The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag. At that time (August 2014), there was only one side of Travel Tray, and it would only fit inside the large size Travel Laundry Stuff Sack for A45.

You probably don't need to carry clothing for a couple of days, and I bet you could easily use the smaller TLSS for A30 (5 liters vs 9 liters capacity). I'll just add a picture to show that the Small Travel Tray can fit inside the TLSS for A30 and act as an organizer.
    Travel Laundry Stuff Sack Best Bicycle Commute Accessory-img_4931-jpg

This shows a Travel Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 in NW Sky Halcyon, with a Small Travel Tray in Acuity poised at the top. Another Small Travel Tray in Solaris is shown to the right.

In the comment posts for @Badger 's linked thread, @Frank II wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    This is a good idea.

You can even expand the idea to become a bachelor/bachelorette bag or an emergency bag to be filed with a change of clothes, toiletries, or anything else you might need should you find yourself, unexpectedly, away from home. Causes could be earthquake, snowstorms, getting lucky etc.

It could be kept in your car.
    and @Janine added:

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    This is why I love you, @Frank II . Everyone was thinking "...getting lucky..." but you are the straight-talker who put it down for all to see.

You didn't fool anyone with that "Ultralight Overnight" business, @Badger !
    Are you using the TLSS for A45 or the TLSS for A30?

HTH

moriond