Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB Face Masks Reviews - as a double-masker who doesn't take mask off when not at home

A little background:
    I have to be cautious, because I have convinced my 70+ and 90+ year-old parents (who live in a separate unit) to remain in the building unless there is an urgent medical/dental appointment, and so I am doing all the necessary shopping for them. If I were to get sick, they would have to venture out themselves to do the shopping - and we don't have a car or license between us.
    In addition to shopping at Walmart, Chinatown, and various grocery/drug stores, it is not possible to do my job at home so I also go into the office 5 days a week. The current office space consists of about 600 square feet, and there are usually 4 or more of us in there at a time.
    I double-mask (TB cloth mask over a disposable surgical-style mask with each ear loop knotted tight, but not tight enough to cause unbearable ear pain) and I do not remove either mask when not at home. Not to eat, not to drink, not even if I've soiled the inner mask with snot from a sneeze. Luckily, I am able to go home for lunch, so I'm not wearing the masks continuously for more than 6-7 hours at a time.

I ordered TB Face Masks probably the moment they were available (looks like mid-April). There's some confusion because I thought I kept ordering the same ones initially, but the fabric of the navy masks seemed a little different, a little stiffer than the black and light blue masks. (I think the navy ones were supposed to be slightly larger.) I LOVE the original design (no matter the color). 2 layers, no lanyard, comfortable, helps seal the surgical mask to my face, perfect. I don't need a lanyard because I don't take off my mask. I even tried using TB masks over N95 masks here and there, when the threat was quite high (read: lots of new cases happening daily, or we had people in the office who just flew). I don't really recommend that for over 4 hours a day - I did start feeling sick from having to labor to breathe.

Recently, I got lazy with laundry and decided I might as well order some more TB face masks in case that happens again. V1s were discontinued, and V6s were yet to be made available. I tried the V3s. Well, I probably should have ordered them in the right size to properly review them, but I went for color over fit for whatever reason and here we are. The only comment I have about them that's appropriate is that I have yet to be able to dry these properly after 1 cycle in the dryer. I don't want to spend an extra dollar and 45 minutes, so I hang dry them after that, and all is well.

I'll update this post (or add another post) soon, as I've just ordered some V6s.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havenít had the chance to try out the V6 masks yet, but VERY excited to report that they DID dry fully after one cycle in the dryer. I threw all 10 of them into a large mesh bag and ran them through a full wash and dry cycle, along with other assorted laundry. Of note, I had 1 of the V3 masks in another mesh bag in the same load, and that still didnít dry.

I am also happy to report that my ears are LOVING the Mask Head Strap! I loop each ear loop of my disposable masks once around the strap before snapping the snaps closed, and that makes for a secure fit, with the ear loops pulled in front of/above where my ears start. (Then, a V1 mask goes over it, this time using the ear loops normally.)