Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 127 of 188 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2819
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone have a hero's journey? mind posting some pics?

England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I envy you the solar and zest packing cube shoulder bags :) I wish I'd caught them when they were available.
    I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Photos Are Needed-z55q6rfdsc3od8zm7thdzlk_fkk_peyyg8pb4woxd1whgariaqrxihuwdttg3z2gw5jrikazvdv_5gtid0liggujmmuf0yig-jpg
    All packed up and ready to leave the conference in DC - poor lighting, but those are Mars Red and Dawn cubelets, Red Blend DLBC with Grumpsy along for the ride, Indigo/Solar Tri-star, Fjord SC, Coyote SC.

The SE is really versatile and I'm just trying to decide whether it works for me for carrying around, and is too purse-like. (Well, it is purse-like, trying to decide how much I care :) )

Not shown are a coyote Q-kit inside the SC which it turns out is perfect for cuff-links, collar stays and an extra watch. The coyote ballistic is really nice. And, also inside the DLBC is the beautiful Azalea/Blue pouch courtesy of Kat in my last order. You have me hook line and sinker, Tom Bihn :)

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Photos Are Needed

My kiwi COW accompanied me on another hiking adventure - this time to the Mt Baker area of the North Cascades to Park Butte lookout. Last year when I went I did not get views due to rain and fog. This year there was still snow covering the lovely tarns, but I still got great views of Mt Baker.

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When checking your Aeronaut, ensure that it is adequately protected...

Your Photos Are Needed-2017-07-21-10-33-39-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After trying (and returning) a whole slew of bags (sorry, TB crew; you'd think I'd know what I like at this point), I tried out the Maker's Bag.

Primarily, I'm looking for a bag to take to Scotland this fall, as a flight bag/tour-bus bag. I use the Co-Pilot almost every day on my commute. But after a lot of test packing, I decided I needed something slightly larger and more flexible. I didn't warm to the concept of the Maker's Bag when it first debuted because of the lack of an open back flap, and it having no top zipper to keep everything secure. But I realized that all my stuff is going to be compartmentalized anyway, because that's how I do things, to the point that security and/or losing things shouldn't be an issue. Anyone else have a Maker's Bag they've used for flights?

It is a large bag but seems a little easier (for me) to carry than the Pilot. I got black/NWS so that it will be less conspicuous when boarding the plane. However, it is under the limits for a personal item for both British Air and Norwegian (and Delta, which doesn't seem to have a dimensional limit).

Your Photos Are Needed-makersbag-jpg

Really like the cavernous space that is mine to configure, and the rectangular shape:

Your Photos Are Needed-makersinside-jpg

Despite not having a back pocket, once I saw it I realized that the zippered pocket under the front flap is a great place to stash something I'll need ready access to, such as a boarding pass or transit card.

Can't wait to test-pack it. I'm pretty sure this is the bag that I'll take for this trip. I will be staying in six different places in less than two weeks, so I like that I can pretty much keep everything inside it, with the top open for access, wherever I am. This is what I do with the Co-Pilot as well, but the difference here is that, when the top flap is open, all my belongings will be immediately visible, so I'll be more inclined to leave them inside.

The only thing I'm curious about is how comfortable it is to wear when moderately heavy. I like the way the handle is configured on the Pilot/Co-Pilots because it's easy to switch off between hand- and shoulder-carrying. I noticed that the MB handle is a lot thinner, and because it is placed in the back rather than dead-center of the top, it isn't quite as easy to use. Well, I packed it up for work tomorrow and will test it on a one mile walk to evaluate.

-----

PS: If this bag is produced in Deep Blue/Cloud or Deep Blue/Dawn I'll totally buy a second one... I like navy and might have chosen that rather than black, but then I thought, maybe someday it will come out in Deep Blue. That's a beautiful color.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 08-01-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bchaplin, I love taking the Maker's Bag when I am traveling and have all day work meetings where I may have to carry lots of things ranging from organizational materials to notebooks/papers to a spare sweater or jacket and a water bottle. It does a great job keeping things easily accessible, and I love that I can locate items by feel. When I overload my halcyon MB and it feels heavier, I prefer to carry it over one shoulder versus cross body; I am not sure if the ballistic model may carry differently. Good luck!
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-31-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

around 53
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bchaplin, I've taken the MB on a number of trips. I've used it for domestic travel and international. I like the openness of the bag because it allows for flexibility. For domestic travel it was my diaper/camera/wife's purse/all purpose bag. The trip where I used it internationally it was when I accompanied my elderly parents to Europe. For that trip it was a camera/medication/extra clothing bag. Each time, it provided extra space for souvenir shopping :)

Like @NWhikergal said, when the bag got heavy (mine is ballistic) it was more comfortable to carry on one shoulder.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was heading out for a full morning of tutoring and needed both tutoring bags (My MF for reading/spelling and my DLBC for written composition). My Luminary is my EDC now. Just look at the color differentiation between Aubergine and Alphaviolet. It's almost shocking!
    I love both shades of purple, though. Anything purple is A-OK for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrying the Stowaway today

Carrying the Deep Blue / Grass Stowaway today as a briefcase!

The red silicone strap that I use when I am carrying the Mars Red Luminary or Small Cafe Bag is so comfortable that I ordered a blue one for when I am carrying the Deep Blue / Grass Stowaway -- I think it goes rather nicely! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images Your Photos Are Needed-img_20170803_094527-jpg  Your Photos Are Needed-img_20170803_101310-jpg  Your Photos Are Needed-img_20170803_101517-jpg 
    -m

Forum Member
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    My new S25 arrived! The first thing I did was attach two 3DOCs to the webbing loops as in the Forum Hacks 2 video. I love this setup! The clear one is holding sunscreens and hand sanitiser right now.
    Does anyone have a link to that video? Please post if you do? TIA.
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Does anyone have a link to that video? Please post if you do? TIA.
    Here it is!
    https://vimeo.com/160672776

And here is the page of videos from the TB site:
    https://www.tombihn.com/pages/videos

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried out the Maker's Bag. I really love this one!

It seems pretty basic compared to some of the more elaborate new designs, so I was surprised at just how much I enjoy using it.

It holds my normal workday Co-Pilot load, plus a bit extra. Pictured here: Side Kick, two Cubelets, pencil pouch, Freudian Slip (for stiffening) with two notebooks, and a few smaller things that aren't visible. After taking the picture I took off my sweater and placed that inside, along with an umbrella, which I laid on top.

Your Photos Are Needed-makersbag-filled2-jpg

It definitely feels larger than the Co-Pilot, but it's still perfectly train-worthy. I realized that I've been taking off my sweater every day on my walk to work -- though I need it once I get there because of the air conditioning -- and I really like being able to fit it inside the bag so that I'm only carrying one thing, not one bag + a sweater. It's just easier to manage.

I paired it with the OP/TECH Mini SOS Strap (the little brother of the Absolute Shoulder Strap sold by Tom Bihn).

I DO miss having a pocket in the back to slip my cell phone into, but I appreciate the clean look. The good thing is that there are a lot of very clever pockets inside, including the long one in the back that fits letter-size paper (something I miss in the Co-Pilot). I definitely see trading off between those two bags as an EDC depending on weather and what I need to carry, but I intend to carry this one for a while.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bchaplin, for a cell phone, I find that the interior pocket in the main section (just above the blue cubelet in your photo) is great for a cell phone. Inside and protected, yet easily accessible by reaching in under the flap. But also not so obvious that someone else could reach in under the flap and grab it.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    After trying (and returning) a whole slew of bags (sorry, TB crew; you'd think I'd know what I like at this point), I tried out the Maker's Bag.

Primarily, I'm looking for a bag to take to Scotland this fall, as a flight bag/tour-bus bag. I use the Co-Pilot almost every day on my commute. But after a lot of test packing, I decided I needed something slightly larger and more flexible. I didn't warm to the concept of the Maker's Bag when it first debuted because of the lack of an open back flap, and it having no top zipper to keep everything secure. But I realized that all my stuff is going to be compartmentalized anyway, because that's how I do things, to the point that security and/or losing things shouldn't be an issue. Anyone else have a Maker's Bag they've used for flights?

It is a large bag but seems a little easier (for me) to carry than the Pilot. I got black/NWS so that it will be less conspicuous when boarding the plane. However, it is under the limits for a personal item for both British Air and Norwegian (and Delta, which doesn't seem to have a dimensional limit).

Your Photos Are Needed-makersbag-jpg

Really like the cavernous space that is mine to configure, and the rectangular shape:

Your Photos Are Needed-makersinside-jpg

Despite not having a back pocket, once I saw it I realized that the zippered pocket under the front flap is a great place to stash something I'll need ready access to, such as a boarding pass or transit card.

Can't wait to test-pack it. I'm pretty sure this is the bag that I'll take for this trip. I will be staying in six different places in less than two weeks, so I like that I can pretty much keep everything inside it, with the top open for access, wherever I am. This is what I do with the Co-Pilot as well, but the difference here is that, when the top flap is open, all my belongings will be immediately visible, so I'll be more inclined to leave them inside.

The only thing I'm curious about is how comfortable it is to wear when moderately heavy. I like the way the handle is configured on the Pilot/Co-Pilots because it's easy to switch off between hand- and shoulder-carrying. I noticed that the MB handle is a lot thinner, and because it is placed in the back rather than dead-center of the top, it isn't quite as easy to use. Well, I packed it up for work tomorrow and will test it on a one mile walk to evaluate.

-----

PS: If this bag is produced in Deep Blue/Cloud or Deep Blue/Dawn I'll totally buy a second one... I like navy and might have chosen that rather than black, but then I thought, maybe someday it will come out in Deep Blue. That's a beautiful color.
    I would say the comment about the handle is exactly right. You can, and I did, pack it pretty full. The handle does not balance the load front to back. To me it feels like it could be a weak point over time.

I never felt it was uncomfortable either cross-body or on one shoulder with the Absolute Strap.

The front zipper is great, especially with offset buckle. Great to grab keys on a key strap without opening things up.

I too really liked the rectangle-ness of the MB. Now that I'm a bit more modular I want to try packing it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 127 of 188 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast