Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132
Results 1,966 to 1,976 of 1976
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    @BWeaves,

That looks amazing! I too have the cloud/viridian SE, with red zipper pulls and just love how nice it looks. What is an inkle and how big is it? I do very small weaving projects on homemade cardboard and with those old Weave-its from the 40's. It is fun, but I am limited to square and rectangular shapes. Would love to make some straps though, however I don't have much space for a big piece of equipment.
    My 2 inkle looms. The small one is a homemade one from the 1940s, and it's good and solid with a nice flat base that sits in my lap. The floor one is from Etsy shop of Carl Spriggs. He customized it for me with a nice solid flat base I can put my feet on to keep it steady when I weave, and an extra peg to keep the warp away from my knees (2nd peg from the left).

Your Photos Are Needed-inkle1-jpg

Your Photos Are Needed-inkle2-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BWeaves,

Shows what I know, they both look the same size! Can you get them any smaller, like a tabletop one, and do the same kind of straps you made?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, yes, you can get them much smaller. The problem is, the smaller the loom, the smaller the weaving space, and the more often you have to advance the warp. But yes, you can get mini ones that are about 15 inches long and 5 inches wide. The smaller the loom the shorter the warp, too. I like to make long warps. So you need to pay attention to how long a warp can be made on these looms if you want to weave a shoulder strap. Key straps are fine on the small looms, but a shoulder strap may need a slightly bigger loom. But I also like to have a decent amount of space in which to weave.

And yes, both my looms are roughly the same size, but the floor model will do a 20 yard warp (not that I would), and the small one will only do about 2 yards.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings,
    I noticed that you have the pink barrel four-color pen. Did you get it recently? I love my blue one, but more color options are always nice to have. Thank you! elisa
    I ordered it from Amazon last week, came in yesterday! It was a 2 pack, also got a 3 pack of the original colors. As a teacher it is singlehandedly the most useful thing ever!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in French Blue and Steel
    Sidekick in Aubergine and Wasabi
    A30 pcbp in Ultraviolet

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    I ordered it from Amazon last week, came in yesterday! It was a 2 pack, also got a 3 pack of the original colors. As a teacher it is singlehandedly the most useful thing ever!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    I used to be a Bic devotee but now I have switched to Uni Jetstream pens (they just float across the page). If you are doing a lot of writing (as a teacher I am guessing that's a yes) you may find a 3 color Jetstream more comfortable as it has a grip on it:

https://www.jetpens.com/Uni-Jetstrea...-Body/pd/10601

They also have other Jetstream multi pens on Jetpens including one with a pencil as well.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AlaskaGirl,

Here is the multi-pen I use, very affordable and holds 5 different colors! You can choose between pencil lead, ballpoint refills or my personal favorite, GEL refills in 16 different colors! The only down side is that you have to CHOOSE from all those beautiful colors

https://www.jetpens.com/Uni-Style-Fi...Purple/pd/7302

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,

@Melminimalist,
    Thank you very much. I love the pink, the additional colors are icing on the cake.

@Anna2222,
    It's amazing, thank you for sharing. The five color version has potential. Now if I can decide on a body color. So many lovely choices.

Hmm, how many pens does one person really need? elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my first go at trying to post a picture on the forum.

This is my new Nordic/Northwest sky halcyon DLBP on its first day trip out. We went to Lyn Canyon on the North Shore in Vancouver. I attached my Side Effect using carabiners to the o-ring in the main compartment. Made a great place to hold small snacks and a safer place to keep my phone. Your Photos Are Needed-img_1864-jpg

Loving the bag so far. Easily held a towel, mini first aid kit, water bottle, wallet and small bottles of sunscreen/bugspray (in a sz 1 TSS). I loved how light and comfortable the bag was to carry.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traded in my Mars Red Luminary for the blue. I truly thought the Luminary wasn't for me so I returned it. When I decided to try again and chose the blue, I knew the minute I opened the box and saw that bag that it was perfect. I'm so glad I didn't give up.Your Photos Are Needed-img_0440-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you, kad! I actually ordered 3 different colored Luminaries (Mars red, Alphaviolet & Cloud) because I really wanted to see them all in person before deciding. I picked the Cloud and just love it, use it every day as my EDC!

Yours is stunning, by the way, nice picture!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **Mods, please reorient pictures**

Very excited to receive my first Brain Bag and DLBC. I debated about both bags for a long time. Since I love both Mars Red and Azure, I thought I should purchase now than to have regrets later.

Also my thanks to awesome Mike who dug through the bins to find another small double halcyon pouch and minis in wasabi cordura and indigo ballistic to add to my collection.

Your Photos Are Needed-brain-bag-jpg

Another thing that made me happy is my 36 oz. Yeti Rambler thermos fits on the outside of the Brain Bag. It might be a little heavy compared to, say, my smaller Zoji bottle, but itís worth it because it keeps my drinks super cold and the ice is still there the next day. I am going out of town at the end of the month and plan to take the Brain Bag along. I think it will be a perfect companion for this trip.

Your Photos Are Needed-brain-bag-2-jpg
    Last edited by MatthewR; 09-19-2017 at 06:57 AM. Reason: IO1000: Orientation of Images for Non-Majors
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic.

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132