Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 177 of 185 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2763
  1. #2641
    Volunteer Moderator bartleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Share
    Location: Germany / Hobbies: Photography & Guitars
    Posts
    265
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I found that I couldn't bring any of the blues
    How fascinating! For me blue (especially deep blue) is the perfect match for Coyote!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

  2. #2642
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Indiana
    Posts
    251
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took my CoPilot and a crochet project in a SSB to church last Saturday. Not visible (inside the CP) are my SE/purse, a cubelet with cords and headphones, and a small GWOP with crochet hooks.
    Your Photos Are Needed-cp_ssb-jpg
    That afghan no longer fits in the SSB! I need to break out a large...

  3. #2643
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,500
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    How fascinating! For me blue (especially deep blue) is the perfect match for Coyote!
    LOL, I agree with you - I should have clarified... I couldn't match the blues with the Burnt Orange... the Island ballistic was closest, but the Island halcyon with the white grid, Dawn, and Viridian all seemed too clashy to me...

    The Coyote was jumping up and down in the back of the pile yelling 'pick me! pick me'

    :)


    ETA, a Navy or Deep Blue looks pretty good with Burnt Orange to me too, but they don't exist in the shop bags
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  4. #2644
    Volunteer Moderator bartleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Share
    Location: Germany / Hobbies: Photography & Guitars
    Posts
    265
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :D :D :D

    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    ETA, a Navy or Deep Blue looks pretty good with Burnt Orange to me too, but they don't exist in the shop bags
    Oh, that's true! That's why my first acquisition from the tote family was a Pop Tote in Deep Blue - so gorgeous!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

  5. #2645
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    870
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my co-pilot on a trip to NY, and as always, it was a champ for an in flight access bag. Photos with one of the kitties here, as well as of a nice outing.




    Really, another pic?


    Urgent grooming




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

  6. #2646
    Forum Member KmK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    375
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bag, the place, the pen, paper, and the cup of caffeinated glory...heck, even the rain...makes work just a little easier...







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images Your Photos Are Needed-img_0100-jpg 

  7. #2647
    Forum Member melminimalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Share
    Alabama
    Posts
    493
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    ZTLSB in coyote accompanied me on a shopping trip today, here it is in the changing room.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

  8. #2648
    Forum Member ButtUglyJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Share
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    113
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool

    ButtUglyJeff, Ghost Whale fanboy checking in. I know there's a lot of fountain pen users here, so I thought a size perspective was in order:

    Your Photos Are Needed-dsc03673-jpg

    Your Photos Are Needed-dsc03677-jpg

    I accidentally received 2 minis, and was super surprised to find that my Pilot Prera pens fit quite nicely inside. (Nice move Tom Bihn... Nice move indeed...) The Kaweco Sports are even shorter and would fit with room to spare. The Prera is max length for the mini Ghost Whale. In the small are the very common Lamy Safari and Al-Star. And you can see, you can go even longer.

    The second photo shows that I keep them in the pouches upside down, to keep the nibs from drying (all fountain pen users fear that). And when I clip them to the O-Rings, they stay pointed down, so awesome...
    Attached Images Attached Images Your Photos Are Needed-dsc03672-jpg 
    Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 05-25-2019 at 07:08 AM.

  9. #2649
    Volunteer Moderator aedifica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    955
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    In the small are the very common Lamy Safari and Al-Star. ... The second photo shows that I keep them in the pouches upside down, to keep the nibs from drying (all fountain pen users fear that). And when I clip them to the O-Rings, they stay pointed down, so awesome...
    Yes! I use a Small GWP as my pen case for school, and my two Al-Stars are point-down to keep the nibs from drying out. I usually tuck the pouch into a pocket of a Freudian Slip.

    If the GWP were about 1/8" longer I could zip the pouch entirely closed, but as it is my ink-eraser pen sticks out the top. I'm OK with that, everything seems secure enough. (Actually I could probably just stop carrying the ink-eraser pen since it only works on plain blue ink and I usually have my pens loaded with other shades.)

  10. #2650
    Forum Member KmK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    375
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hesitated before entrusting my shop bag to another, really I did... There are REASONS we have vibes... and this is a photo of ignoring those vibes.

    It is a photo of that and a testament to the overall durability of a TB bag. I call this “Shop Bag meets a Baseboard Heater. “ The burned part is, well, teetering toward crispy. Not burned through, per se, but it will not be long for use, sadly... the cross threads are fraying and little pinpricks of light come through the crisp part.

    If you have baseboard heaters, Do Not put Anything up against them...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #2651
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Sweden
    Posts
    244
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is... not OK. I'm sorry for the destruction of your bag.

  12. #2652
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,315
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    I hesitated before entrusting my shop bag to another, really I did... There are REASONS we have vibes... and this is a photo of ignoring those vibes.

    It is a photo of that and a testament to the overall durability of a TB bag. I call this “Shop Bag meets a Baseboard Heater. “ The burned part is, well, teetering toward crispy. Not burned through, per se, but it will not be long for use, sadly... the cross threads are fraying and little pinpricks of light come through the crisp part.

    If you have baseboard heaters, Do Not put Anything up against them...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nooooo not a discontinued item!!! What a shame Your Photos Are Needed

  13. #2653
    Volunteer Moderator aedifica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    955
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    I hesitated before entrusting my shop bag to another, really I did... There are REASONS we have vibes... and this is a photo of ignoring those vibes.

    It is a photo of that and a testament to the overall durability of a TB bag. I call this “Shop Bag meets a Baseboard Heater. “ The burned part is, well, teetering toward crispy. Not burned through, per se, but it will not be long for use, sadly... the cross threads are fraying and little pinpricks of light come through the crisp part.

    If you have baseboard heaters, Do Not put Anything up against them...
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear it!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

  14. #2654
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Share
    Central NY
    Posts
    24
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I took my co-pilot on a trip to NY, and as always, it was a champ for an in flight access bag. Photos with one of the kitties here, as well as of a nice outing.




    Really, another pic?


    Urgent grooming




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NWhikergal, are you in Cooperstown now?? I grew up there and moved back 3 yrs ago. Ommegang is a great place. Sitting on the veranda or around the firepit at the Otesaga Hotel are also highly recommended. I hope you’re enjoying my hometown!

  15. #2655
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,070
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Yes! I use a Small GWP as my pen case for school, and my two Al-Stars are point-down to keep the nibs from drying out. I usually tuck the pouch into a pocket of a Freudian Slip.

    If the GWP were about 1/8" longer I could zip the pouch entirely closed, but as it is my ink-eraser pen sticks out the top. I'm OK with that, everything seems secure enough. (Actually I could probably just stop carrying the ink-eraser pen since it only works on plain blue ink and I usually have my pens loaded with other shades.)
    aedifica, where do you buy your ink-erasers?

Page 177 of 185 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •