Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207
Results 3,091 to 3,095 of 3095
    Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Photos Are Needed

@NWhikergal

I actually include a request when placing orders for the box to be assembled inside out to hide any visible branding.

I live in an apartment complex and my building shares a common mail area where packages are left out and on the floor.

A few years ago someone stole my package and even after I saw the man walking around my complex wearing a Linen DLBP (which Tom Bihn sold me from their showroom because it was the last remaining pack in the color) and even after filing a report with the police I was told they couldnít help me unless the bag was serialized and could prove the bag ordered was the bag that man was wearing.

Ever since then, I ask for boxes to be assembled inside out.

Itís also helpful if youíre ordering a Tom BIHN bag as a gift for someone and donít want them to know whatís inside the box.

But for me, itís a means of theft prevention.

The SG23 is a really cool bag and I LOVE where they placed the exterior and interior zippers on the pack lid. It looks like the main cinch compartment will fit a Large Western Flyer packing cube stood on end, and thatís usually the amount of space I require for a 2-3 day long weekend trip.

Iím going to chalk this shipment up to a pandemic year holiday season and hope it wonít ever happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 12-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chicagoan Yes, a couple of times while living in multiunit buildings so no way of knowing if it was USPS or a neighbor. Had a couple of package stolen from mailrooms too. So now I'm overly cautious - UPS and FedEx will let you ship to their stores or other secured access points. USPS has informed delivery and pickup at the post office. Amazon has their lockers. Makes delivery slower and it may cost a little more but I think it's worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    @NWhikergal

I actually include a request when placing orders for the box to be assembled inside out to hide any visible branding.

I live in an apartment complex and my building shares a common mail area where packages are left out and on the floor.

A few years ago someone stole my package and even after I saw the man walking around my complex wearing a Linen DLBP (which Tom Bihn sold me from their showroom because it was the last remaining pack in the color) and even after filing a report with the police I was told they couldnít help me unless the bag was serialized and could prove the bag ordered was the bag that man was wearing.

Ever since then, I ask for boxes to be assembled inside out.

Itís also helpful if youíre ordering a Tom BIHN bag as a gift for someone and donít want them to know whatís inside the box.

But for me, itís a means of theft prevention.

The SG23 is a really cool bag and I LOVE where they placed the exterior and interior zippers on the pack lid. It looks like the main cinch compartment will fit a Large Western Flyer packing cube stood on end, and thatís usually the amount of space I require for a 2-3 day long weekend trip.

Iím going to chalk this shipment up to a pandemic year holiday season and hope it wonít ever happen again.

Even though we live in a suburb, we have a box at UPS and have all important items mailed there just in case. A couple of times our mailbox was trashed (one vandal and the other someone hit it with their car) so it was helpful to have a secure box to still receive our packages. You are a good person because if dude had stolen my bag there would have been a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @Chicagoan

Its possible it was caught in the machinery at USPS and this is how they reworked it... It may also have been delivered to the wrong address who ripped it open, realized their mistake and gave it back to USPS who retagged it - that shipping label looks different than usual.
    Either way, happy you have your bag intact.
    I second G2 statement, in 14 years of Tom Bihn shipments in 4 states, my boxes were always intact, except the last two with a tiny pucture that produced a small tear in the back of the boxes. They were sent UPS, but no matter the shipper, the automatic sorting machines, everywhere are at, or over capacity, this season.

The holidays gifting is mostly mailed and every needs are also fulfilled by buying online.

My Tom Bihn smaller boxes are used to store items that I need handy but out of the way.

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got a bit more mask organized. Pictured in the photo are versions 1, 2, 3, and 4 from left to right. Plus a couple miscellaneous other brands.

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207