Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207
Results 3,091 to 3,104 of 3104
    Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Photos Are Needed

@NWhikergal

I actually include a request when placing orders for the box to be assembled inside out to hide any visible branding.

I live in an apartment complex and my building shares a common mail area where packages are left out and on the floor.

A few years ago someone stole my package and even after I saw the man walking around my complex wearing a Linen DLBP (which Tom Bihn sold me from their showroom because it was the last remaining pack in the color) and even after filing a report with the police I was told they couldn’t help me unless the bag was serialized and could prove the bag ordered was the bag that man was wearing.

Ever since then, I ask for boxes to be assembled inside out.

It’s also helpful if you’re ordering a Tom BIHN bag as a gift for someone and don’t want them to know what’s inside the box.

But for me, it’s a means of theft prevention.

The SG23 is a really cool bag and I LOVE where they placed the exterior and interior zippers on the pack lid. It looks like the main cinch compartment will fit a Large Western Flyer packing cube stood on end, and that’s usually the amount of space I require for a 2-3 day long weekend trip.

I’m going to chalk this shipment up to a pandemic year holiday season and hope it won’t ever happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 12-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chicagoan Yes, a couple of times while living in multiunit buildings so no way of knowing if it was USPS or a neighbor. Had a couple of package stolen from mailrooms too. So now I'm overly cautious - UPS and FedEx will let you ship to their stores or other secured access points. USPS has informed delivery and pickup at the post office. Amazon has their lockers. Makes delivery slower and it may cost a little more but I think it's worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    @NWhikergal

I actually include a request when placing orders for the box to be assembled inside out to hide any visible branding.

I live in an apartment complex and my building shares a common mail area where packages are left out and on the floor.

A few years ago someone stole my package and even after I saw the man walking around my complex wearing a Linen DLBP (which Tom Bihn sold me from their showroom because it was the last remaining pack in the color) and even after filing a report with the police I was told they couldn’t help me unless the bag was serialized and could prove the bag ordered was the bag that man was wearing.

Ever since then, I ask for boxes to be assembled inside out.

It’s also helpful if you’re ordering a Tom BIHN bag as a gift for someone and don’t want them to know what’s inside the box.

But for me, it’s a means of theft prevention.

The SG23 is a really cool bag and I LOVE where they placed the exterior and interior zippers on the pack lid. It looks like the main cinch compartment will fit a Large Western Flyer packing cube stood on end, and that’s usually the amount of space I require for a 2-3 day long weekend trip.

I’m going to chalk this shipment up to a pandemic year holiday season and hope it won’t ever happen again.

Even though we live in a suburb, we have a box at UPS and have all important items mailed there just in case. A couple of times our mailbox was trashed (one vandal and the other someone hit it with their car) so it was helpful to have a secure box to still receive our packages. You are a good person because if dude had stolen my bag there would have been a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @Chicagoan

Its possible it was caught in the machinery at USPS and this is how they reworked it... It may also have been delivered to the wrong address who ripped it open, realized their mistake and gave it back to USPS who retagged it - that shipping label looks different than usual.
    Either way, happy you have your bag intact.
    I second G2 statement, in 14 years of Tom Bihn shipments in 4 states, my boxes were always intact, except the last two with a tiny pucture that produced a small tear in the back of the boxes. They were sent UPS, but no matter the shipper, the automatic sorting machines, everywhere are at, or over capacity, this season.

The holidays gifting is mostly mailed and every needs are also fulfilled by buying online.

My Tom Bihn smaller boxes are used to store items that I need handy but out of the way.

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got a bit more mask organized. Pictured in the photo are versions 1, 2, 3, and 4 from left to right. Plus a couple miscellaneous other brands.

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Photos Are Needed

No kitten can resist the lure of the Solaris large shop bag, particularly when I am getting ready to load it with items!

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know if this would ever be helpful for people trying to visualize sizes…this is inside my S19…Against the back and side: an upright PCSB used as an organizer to corral a textbook, 3 A5 notebooks, and one notebook the size of an index card. Next to it, a coffee bearing Yeti. In front of both is an Acuity HLT2. The HLT 2 does not fit in the bottom pocket of the S19, but I was happy to see that it nestles in quite, erm…handily…in front of the other items. There remains plenty of room for other more squishable items on top…hat, mitts, etc. as well as the random “I need an onion for the soup tonight (tomato-coconut-lentil curry) and a root beer sounds good…”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two photos of the inside of the main compartment of the Medium Cafe Bag, which is one of Bihn's oldest products although changed/improved over the years. Note the three O-rings; a 4th is in a front zippered compartment (not pictured)

Your Photos Are Needed-img_0242-1-jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images Your Photos Are Needed-img_0243-1-jpeg 
    Last edited by Go Navy; 02-21-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bihn came out with the Medium Cafe Bag in Constellation and Cloud, and they "made me do it". I had to have the new color, which arrived yesterday. Here is a picture of my first Medium Cafe Bag, in a darker blue (don't remember its name, but it is darker than the picture), combined with Coyote interior.

The new Constellation blue is really great looking; I'm very pleased!

Your Photos Are Needed-img_0260-jpeg

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    Bihn came out with the Medium Cafe Bag in Constellation and Cloud, and they "made me do it". I had to have the new color, which arrived yesterday. Here is a picture of my first Medium Cafe Bag, in a darker blue (don't remember its name, but it is darker than the picture), combined with Coyote interior.

Not sure when you got that first Cafe bag but it looks more like Deep Blue 525 (or Navy 1050) with Canyon 210 interior.... vs Coyote

I love all the blues and really liked Canyon, I'm sorry it didn't stick around very long. I have the original Luminary (12) in Olive/Canyon :)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Not sure when you got that first Cafe bag but it looks more like Deep Blue 525 (or Navy 1050) with Canyon 210 interior.... vs Coyote

I love all the blues and really liked Canyon, I'm sorry it didn't stick around very long. I have the original Luminary (12) in Olive/Canyon :)
    Thanks, G42. I think you're right about "Canyon" and the darker blues.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Constellation is beautiful! I may gave to get one of those! (I do believe that is the Deep Blue/Canyon; I bought one for my husband.)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks, G42. I think you're right about "Canyon" and the darker blues.
    @Go Navy , Both @G42 and @Wanderlust77 are correct that you have the Deep Blue/Canyon combination for your Cafe Bag. That was first shown in @tpnl ’s 06-27-2017 thread All These New Fabrics - My Synapses Are Firing Like Crazy - What To Choose !?! where he also showed this new color combination for the Synapse 19 in addition to the Cafe Bag. I’ll only except one of the many pictures — since this was the first time we were posting about the new 525d Ballistic Nylon colors and materials, there were a lot of comparison shots with other bags and colors so that people could judge the difference between Navy.1050d Ballistic and Deep Blue 525d Ballistic, for example.

Left: Deep Blue SCB; Canyon Interior / Dawn Shop Bag / Grass Cubelet
    Right: Navy Ristretto; Solar Interior / Nordic Pouch / French Blue FJN / Island Small Shop Bag / Grass Cubelet
    @G42 , I liked your Olive/Canyon Luminary color combination. They also had the Cafe Bag and Daylight Backpack in those colors, as well as the Side Effect.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-23-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just re-acquired a Large Cafe Bag…sigh… how I love and how I had missed this bag. It has perfect proportions of flop and structure; it moves with me; holds exactly what I need in a Goldilocks kind of way… And I had a Q/AM still acting as an Ego attachment (heee…) which got moved to this bag. It’s a wee bit retro and yet totally satisfying.

Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207