Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Family Portrait

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family Portrait

Family Portrait-img_0689-jpeg

Reorganizing my Bihn closet today and thought I'd take a picture of my collection of Original Halcyon bags. Bags in the photo are: Original LSB, Original SSB, SK, SE, DLBP, NFTD, Pilot, CoPilot, DLBC, S25, S19, SCB, MCB, and Tristar. It's kinda fun to see them all together. Anyone else have mostly a single color collection, or do you like to mix up the colors?
    Attached Images Attached Images Family Portrait-img_0689-jpeg 
    Last edited by Titus; 02-19-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An impressive collection; so how much variation do you have in the interior colors? Do you have Ultraviolet or Solar on the interior for your Cafe Bag? Is your Night Flight Travel Duffel using Wasabi, Ultraviolet, or the rarer Iberian for its interior? I assume the Side Kick is Island inside. Any other color comments for your Pilot, Co-Pilot, and Western Flyer interiors? (Or did you just get the interior colors that were available for original Halcyon at the time of order?)

moriond

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideally I would have selected Iberian for everything as it is my favorite, but I had to take what was available on some. Interior colors are:

Iberian
    -NFTD
    -Tristar
    -SE

Wasabi
    -SCB
    -MCB
    -Copilot

Island
    -S19
    -S25
    -Pilot
    -SK

Northwest Sky
    -DLBP

Steel
    -DLBC

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fantastic family photo @Titus !

I love the Original Halcyon :)

That's also a wicked cool sculpture on your wall
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Singapore
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Titus Impressive collection! The Original Halcyon is starting to grow on me. Bought a NFTD just like yours about a week ago.

@moriond I didn't know that the Original Halcyon/Iberian is a rarer combination.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latchford View Post

@moriond I didn't know that the Original Halcyon/Iberian is a rarer combination.
    It was relatively rarer in the Night Flight Travel Duffel, because it wasn’t offered in this combination until fairly late, and then they discontinued the NFTD. They had made more earlier batches using Wasabi and Ultraviolet. So, the answer to the relative color availability depends on whether you were buying a new bag when the color was available, or acquiring it later. Original Halcyon/Iberian was a popular Synapse combination earlier on. If you’re talking about buying the bag when they were talking about discontinuing Original Halcyon, then they were pairing it with Island as a new color combination. I know that when we asked for an original Halcyon Side Kick combination to be offered before Original Halcyon was retired, Darcy finally announced it would be paired with Island.

HTH

moriond

Southern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow I love it!

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I love Original Halcyon too. My first TB bag was an Original Halcyon DLBP.