Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good thing that Nordic never grabbed me the way it's done others. Now if one came out in Verde...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Office Supply Geek review of the Synapse 25 with pictures.

Tom Bihn Synapse 25 Review - OfficeSupplyGeek

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to a review that brought me to the world of TB: Fashionable Friday: Swift Knitter | The Well-Appointed Desk
    A30s, S19, Luminary, Cubelets, Swifts, Little Swifts, DLBC, Parental Unit (PU is just not flattering), FJN, SK, SC's, TT's, Q-Kits, YSS, COW & OP's in original Black Halcyon, Black Halcyon, Nordic Halcyon, Fjord, Nordic, Cork, Steel, Island, Aubergine, Monarch & Azure

Everything is more fun on a Vespa! 🛵

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted to highlight these two new video reviews with lots of great tips for minimalist travel and packing:

Best One Bag Travel Ultralight Gear & Packing List (by Zeke Kamm for Carryology)

Tom Bihn Synapse 19: Minimalist Lives out of a 19 Liter Pack (Simple Living and Travel) by Brittany Taylor

Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the Carryology yesterday. It was quite well done, and I appreciated that the reviewer also mentioned things that didn't arrive in time for his trip that he intended to try out in the future. I definitely recommend watching it for some ideas. I only with he went more into *how* he packed/arranged everything!
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nealopp View Post
    I watched the Carryology yesterday. It was quite well done, and I appreciated that the reviewer also mentioned things that didn't arrive in time for his trip that he intended to try out in the future. I definitely recommend watching it for some ideas. I only with he went more into *how* he packed/arranged everything!
    It was a good video, what I wasn't too keen on was he suggested getting both and trying them out on several items that are over $100 each. This great advice if you travel a ton and can use both or have large amounts of disposable income. But most of us don't (as he mentioned he did) have companies sending us gear to play around with.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Reviews

Here are a few of my reviews

Synapse 19 - Tom Bihn Synapse 19 Review ? RMK Outdoors

Synapse 25 - Tom Bihn Synapse 25 Backpack Review ? RMK Outdoors and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAXj4vdzrA

And the Skookum Dog duffle - Skookum Dog Duffle by Tom Bihn ? RMK Outdoors

Thanks for making awesome products!

Forum Member
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this in my RSS feed - a "what's in my bag" video by a blogger who uses a Co-Pilot:

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff9266 View Post
    Saw this in my RSS feed - a "what's in my bag" video by a blogger who uses a Co-Pilot:

Thanks, @Jeff9266. I really liked seeing this review of how the Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot is used with stationary items, and how various pads, pen rolls, pens, and the Hobonichi Techo Planner (A6) fit inside. Just a couple of comments: the Co-Pilot is, of course, Ballistic Nylon, and not Cordura (comment about 2:30 minutes into the video about how unusually sturdy the Cordura seems to be). He hasn't discovered yet how using key straps and O-rings can improve his experience.

For those of you reading the forums on older iOS devices who can't see the embedded Vimeo video, try doing a reply with quote, then copy the link into your browser URL. Or, I'll just paste it in directly here:

https://vimeo.com/157860940

HTH

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this tweet from The Wirecutter -- sounds like their new backpack guide is coming out soon! (I like that they say there's no single best backpack: makes much more sense to me to narrow down the options to the very best all while recognizing that different people will want different features and that it's not one-design-fits-all.)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great view of the new Sprout backpack by 'The Books Review'

Tom Bihn's Sprout Backpack: A Review

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @tpnl I totally loved the part of the Brooks Review of the Sprout that included Erin's interview with Sloane (the part that begins after the text: "Sloane refuses to go to school without her Sprout backpack. I decided her words would really be the best, since she’s the one who wears it, so here is an interview I did with her about her backpack:"). I think that @Ilkyway would totally relate to this, given the experience of her daughter Emmely's reaction to the Sprout. But now I bet that if Emmely sees the fancy, violet paracord ties they put onto Sloane's Aubergine Sprout in the Brooks Review pictures, she will want them, too, on her bag.

moriond

Forum Member
    North of Seattle, South of Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spotted this on my Facebook feed of all places...

5 Awesome Tips to Help You Travel Better

among the tips are TB packing cubes

Forum Member
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New review of the Pilot - the vid doesn't show the bag packed too fully but provides some good views of the interior of the bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vZVay_ShlM

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review on Ristretto 13

Geek Dad - Tom Bihn Ristretto

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast