Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TOM BIHN Videos

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for posting the newest video about which bags you use and why you love them! It's great to put faces to the people behind the amazing bags and see them used and loved by the people who make them. Just goes to prove how awesome Tom Bihn & co are. :D
    Current set-up: Black Dyneema/Solar MCB, Iberian 3DOC, COWs in Solar & Steel.

Wishing for more color variety in Dyneema. Can we get a blue again?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by al85 View Post
    Thank you so much for posting the newest video about which bags you use and why you love them! It's great to put faces to the people behind the amazing bags and see them used and loved by the people who make them. Just goes to prove how awesome Tom Bihn & co are. :D
    We're so glad you liked it! Thanks for letting us know. :)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I know what was missing Frage from my EDC all that time: where is my very own Captain America? There is a (little) disadvantage with only daughters in the house.
    Love the videos!
    Ilkyway

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow! I loved the way they snuck the Apple Wireless Keyboard into those pockets -- and did you see the subtle segue into that final Grey Synapse! (Also loved the Captain America and the candy canes in the Freudian Slip for Synapse video.)

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is not really a gripe, but I found that the Daylight Briefcase Video still falls short of conveying how useful and versatile this bag really is, and that's because there are so many different ways to use it at which it excels that it's hard to show all of them. For example, I love the way that it's so easy to work the zippers one-handed, even while walking, in order to pull things out, especially the front diagonally zipped pocket, but I can see that would be hard to film! I also love the fact that the back zippered pocket can hold bulgy items, but people are more likely to want to know that letter and A4 size papers will fit there than that they can put a sweater or jersey there, even though this design is different from the back pockets of other Tom Bihn messenger style and travel bags. And we haven't even gotten into the recent enthusiasms of people who are carrying it inside the Tri-Star (e.g., threads by @David_Galardi and by @milpool.

moriond

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points taken, moriond.

Hmm: that gives me an idea for another type of video... a montage of Forum member "bag hacks", creative uses, unintended uses, etc. I'm thinking, if everyone else agrees it'd make a good video, that we start a separate thread in which members can suggest which hacks/uses we might show, keeping in mind that they'll need to be easily replicable (so, nothing that requires specific non-TOM BIHN products we might not have on hand) and we might not be able to feature all of them. Thoughts?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, you know that a lot of the folks on the Ravelry forums enthuse over how well the DLBC works as a knitting bag. We only see a few of those sort of posts here, but that's a really different usage. And a lot of those comments also mention things like how they like the way the yarn doesn't snag on the zippers, which is also difficult to convey in a video. You could always do your montage of users in the spirit of that Two Weeks in Japan video for the Aeronaut from August 2013, that inspired @Badger to ask posters "…are you a Chris or are you a Daniel" when it came to answering questions about packing style and additional bags carried.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The yarn doesn't snag on the zippers? How is that? Isn't that sort of...intrinsic to the way zippers are made, that they have teeth on which yarn snags? (I've been knitting for 35 years--eek--and have ripped a lot of yarn on zippers.)

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy, what is the blue bag that appears in the FS video at the 0:11 mark?
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @Darcy, what is the blue bag that appears in the FS video at the 0:11 mark?
    Hmm, good question! It's not one of ours, so I'm not sure which brand it is.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm, good question! It's not one of ours, so I'm not sure which brand it is.
    Drats, was hoping for bright cordura side effect/organizer cube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    The yarn doesn't snag on the zippers? How is that? Isn't that sort of...intrinsic to the way zippers are made, that they have teeth on which yarn snags? (I've been knitting for 35 years--eek--and have ripped a lot of yarn on zippers.)
    @Abby, It's more that there are comments along the lines of so far not finding the zippers in the DLBC to be a problem. These are lighter weight and more flexible zippers with smaller teeth compared to the zippers used in the Pilot, etc. It's one of the reasons one-handed operation is so much easier. If I examine the way the openings are sewn, even though these are similar to the zippers used on the 3D fabric organizer pouches, somehow the reinforcing tape sewn onto the back side of the zippers acts more effectively to keep the teeth from snagging. At least, that's my impression, and that's why the back pocket design for holding a sweater or jersey works so well for me. (Darcy or others can comment if the tape sewing against the zipper is exactly the same as for all other bags and accessories.)

moriond

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh. Interesting! I have a DLBC on order, but it's been in postal transit for 37 days now (but who's counting? gnnarrgghh). I intended it as a laptop bag for my 11" HP, but I'll have to try it as a knitting bag and check that out. Thanks!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast