Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Ferret View Post
    Just got back from my first trip with my new Side Effect. During this trip I determined that 1 Side Effect + 2 S-Biners == great way to keep little fiddly things (earbuds, iPod, gum, pens, notebook, tissues, snacks, makeup bag, etc.) handy during a flight. One side of each S-Biner clips into one of the webbing loops where the SE's waist strap is supposed to go, and the other side hooks over the edge of the seat pocket:

Attachment 4704

My hand sanitizer is clipped to the S-Biner on the left, because I always assume that the tray tables and armrests on planes are filthy. That thing to the right of the SE is my water bottle, which holds 1L, rolls up flat, and has an attached clip. This setup worked out well for me -- I never had to pull out my purse during the flights, nor did I have to spend any time fishing around in the seat pocket for stuff (ew).

Unfortunately this only works if you already have adequate leg room (yes, I was sitting in my seat when this photo was taken, and yes, I am short). :)
    Did you get the western flyer in 525 or1050 balistic or Halcyon?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkonthank1 View Post
    I bought my Steel/Solar Western Flyer in 2010 -- so it's 1050 Ballistic, the only option available back then.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Ferret View Post
    I bought my Steel/Solar Western Flyer in 2010 -- so it's 1050 Ballistic, the only option available back then.
    Hi Thanks for getting back! I had the TriStar in the 525 but ended up returning it for the 1050 balistic. I know it's a bit heavier but I just wanted to see the difference. Next time I think I would just order two a d send back the one in question. Do you find your bag is heavy being a 1050 WF?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely love how you did this with your side effect. Very cool! I will need to try on my next business trip hopefully someday in the near future! Stay safe!

Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Thanks for getting back! I had the TriStar in the 525 but ended up returning it for the 1050 balistic. I know it's a bit heavier but I just wanted to see the difference. Next time I think I would just order two a d send back the one in question. Do you find your bag is heavy being a 1050 WF?
    I don't find it to be all that heavy, but I've never compared it to a WF in a different material. I prefer 400 Halcyon for bags that are smaller, curvier, or have lots of complicated external pockets (like my S19 and S22), but I think the 1050 works very well with the shape of the WF, since it's a cute little rectangle. I feel like the stiffer Ballistic helps it keep its shape when it's zipped completely open. This bag is nearly 10 years old but the only part that doesn't look new is the zippers, IMO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5