Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    the Puget Sound Region
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the circle of life!

I felt it was awesome since my addiction all began with the cafe bag. ;) This is the baby that the box had given birth to:

I had lost a week of sleep over this bag. Every night I kept thinking if I should get the bag or not, and had debated it over and over again while pouring over images and videos of this bag and its bigger brother. When I decided to get the bag, the bigger battle became what fabric to choose. Part of me still wishes I could get the nylon, but I know that my neck and back will thank me for getting the dyneema. Plus, it feels even better than I thought it would feel. I'm rather amazed at it, to be quite honest. I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I kept seeing images of the dyneema but I'm rather happy with it. Now to ponder what will my next purchase be. ;)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of my favorite box arts thus far...the presentation of the bag. I hope you will love the Dyneema - it is so flexible and it seems like there is almost always room to stuff in one more piece of gear. I tend to prefer bright colors, but I find the grid pattern of the black Dyneema very sharp and attractive. Enjoy!

Auckland
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I ordered a MCB in black dyneema and really wasnt sure until I had it in my hands. Its smooth and silky and molds to your body, but its not shapeless. And the black dyneema looks very smart. I wear a lot of black and it looks really great with it. I love your art box! Arent they talented over there! Enjoy your new bag!!

Forum Member
    the Puget Sound Region
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    This is one of my favorite box arts thus far...the presentation of the bag. I hope you will love the Dyneema - it is so flexible and it seems like there is almost always room to stuff in one more piece of gear. I tend to prefer bright colors, but I find the grid pattern of the black Dyneema very sharp and attractive. Enjoy!
    :) I really like it. More than I thought I would. It feels so very nice. Sort of silky and smooth and not as plasticy as I thought it might feel.

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of my favorite TB bags has got to be my Nordic Dyneema Co-Pilot. I love the look and feel of it, and it seems to hold just a bit more than the ballistic Co-Pilot. Enjoy your new bag!

Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the circle of life!

I just received my latest shipment of TB goodies, and one item being the Black Dyneema Co-Pilot. Must say, being able to now compare the Steel Dyneema Co-Pilot side by side, the Black Dymeema version does look more formal. Probably suited to an academic office environment. I really like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    the Puget Sound Region
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am rather envious; I do like the look of both Nordic and Steel Dyneema! I weep getting into Tom Bihn so late and missing out on such beautiful colors!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mreh View Post
    I am rather envious; I do like the look of both Nordic and Steel Dyneema! I weep getting into Tom Bihn so late and missing out on such beautiful colors!
    I completely agree with your statement that the nice texture and feel of 400d Dyneema can't be inferred from the descriptions (or even from experience of 200d weight Dyneema accessories).

You got tremendous box art @mreh (which I've never received -- I guess I feel guilty about adding extra work to my orders by asking for this.) If you really are interested in Nordic Dyneema, you might try calling/emailing and asking whether there are any Packing Cube Backpacks for either the Aeronaut or Tri-Star left in those colors. I don't know that there would be, at the present time, but a few people who ordered these decided that the Daylight Backpack was a more flexible option than the PCBP, because the tiered compartments and waist strap options allowed for more carrying flexibility than the PCBP, and sent these back. Just a thought.

And welcome to the forums.

moriond

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also never gotten box art, despite an obscene number of orders. I know they're reading the comments though because I did get a lovely handwritten postcard once. I'm pretty sure I must be on a list of crazy Nordic folk, which is different sort of accomplishment ;-)

Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt the same way too, moriond. I got box art once without asking. I think it might have been from sending a ton of emails to Hannah. And telling her how much I loved her for finding me some Nordic and a dyneema SE. I was totally shocked and almost cried when I saw it. I'm actually tearing up writing this because I am just so amazed by the CS at TB.