Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @taminca for being such a wonderful enabler. Just placed my order for a PU in Navy/Iberian w/Absolute strap. And a matching Side Effect. Just because. I wanted a color that would pass in a business setting, but didn't want black. The bonus is that it has my favorite beautiful Iberian Dyneema on the interior. I'm happy ��

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thank you to @taminca and the other enablers (especially @Pokilani and @Ilkyway). Just placed an order for the aubergine PU and a wasabi 3DOC. Now I just need to wait patiently for it to ship *drums fingers on table*
    Last edited by brendabethman; 12-03-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Typo

California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I really do like very much the non-boxy, non-squarish look of the PU. Very chic. It looks great on me! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Um, how about a picture of this?
    Here you go, @Pokilani, some photos just taken during my lunch break. Have to warn you, though, that I'm not used to photographing myself! For scaling purposes, I am 5'3" and the PU is loaded as an EDC bag in these photos. And, yes, I did choose today's outfit to match the PU! :)

Uses of the Parental Unit-p1030081-jpg

Uses of the Parental Unit-p1030080-jpg

Uses of the Parental Unit-p1030064-jpg
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the matching outfit. :D The more photos I see of the PU, the more I can't wait for mine to be here!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go, @Pokilani, some photos just taken during my lunch break. Have to warn you, though, that I'm not used to photographing myself! For scaling purposes, I am 5'3" and the PU is loaded as an EDC bag in these photos. And, yes, I did choose today's outfit to match the PU! :)

Uses of the Parental Unit-p1030081-jpg

Uses of the Parental Unit-p1030080-jpg

Uses of the Parental Unit-p1030064-jpg
    LOVE!! And now I am super duper glad I went with the aubergine. Also glad to know I am not the only one who matches outfits to bag :-)

ETA: I was thinking if it turns out not to be the right size for my gym stuff that I would send it back. WHO WAS I KIDDING? This bag is staying and becoming part of the rotation no matter what.
    Last edited by brendabethman; 12-03-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the photoplay with all of the possible scenarios. I think the aubergine looks amazing but just can't get with the wasabi interior, so I ordered Black/UV. The interior color will be my little secret in my urban stealth bag.

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And even tho' the web says it's back ordered, mine just shipped!! Now for the painful one week wait......

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Pokilani, @Ilkyway Perhaps they'll make the Parental Unit in Aubergine/Ultraviolet to satisfy the purple lovers who aren't as fond of wasabi. BTW there are definite advantages to have photo reviews by people who don't have all black bags, because it's easier to see the different sections of the bag, as well as the contrast with accessories.

moriond
    I'm going to keep my fingers crossed on this! Though I'm seeing Janine this weekend and I'll get to see her Navy bag. I have not seen navy yet so that could sway me. Purple tones are my second love. Blues are my first, but am usually not fond of Navy blue. So, we shall see. While I've been banned from buying another bag, nothing prevents my siblings from getting me TB gift certificates!

Oh, related to that... I have identified something my partner collects--Green Bay Packer clothes! She just bought me a New Jersey and hat (already have 2/1 of these) that I didn't even need. I never blink an eye when she buys this stuff for herself even though she has more Packer stuff than the Packers themselves. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and the PU look fantastic! I have your coloring (though not as tall), which tells me I would look fantastic too!

California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    You and the PU look fantastic! I have your coloring (though not as tall), which tells me I would look fantastic too!
    Agree that you would look great with a PU! But I don't think it is possible to NOT look fantastic with any TB bag :)
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that you would look great with a PU! But I don't think it is possible to NOT look fantastic with any TB bag :)
    True true. But let's also stick with us looking fantastic too. :)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow! I think you might have convinced me that I need one.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SPECIFICATIONS: Western Flyer
    Dimensions: 18" x 12" x 7" / 455 x 305 x 180 mm
    26 liters

SPECIFICATIONS: Parental Unit
    Dimensions: 18.5 x 12.2 x 7.9 / 470 x 310 x 200 mm
    13 liters

Are the PU dimensions correct? It doesn't appear that large in the pics but viewing the specs makes my brain say, "wow, that's a big bag!"

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got one and I do feel it is a big bag, akin to the Imago in feel and width. I think in the pictures @taminca posted it looks elegant, but fresh out of the box and not filled, it does seem big to me. I haven't measured it myself.

Forum Member
    Melbourne, AU
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only minor suggestion I have is for the flexibility of converting one of the outer front or back compartments into a single large compartment instead of just the 3 small ones that are currently there. Sort of like how the main compartment is in the A30 or the front compartment of the TriStar and Western Flyer
    Sounds like a great idea! That would tip me over the edge and get the PU instead of holding out for an Imago v2...

Quick question - is that Crumpler Haven a Medium or a Large? I have a Medium so was just trying to get a better idea for the size/fit of the PU.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast