Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pack my A45 ...

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some of my packing experience with you.
    For one the Aeronaut 45 is meant to be my sports bag.
    I pack my A45 ...-sportsbag-small-jpg
    As you can see, everything fits fine except the sticks. It's Ju-Jutsu, so sometimes we use weapons like that. I'm not sure about the correct english name.
    Until now I had one huge black duffel back. Big enough to hold the sticks, but also big enough that I needed way too long to find anything else in the bag.
    I thought about a solution and I came up with this:
    I pack my A45 ...-extrabag-small-jpg
    It's nothing special, basically it's a sack, that holds the sticks and I can clip it onto the A45. I usually go by bike and I intent to use the A45 as a backpack, so I hope that this will do the trick. I used leftover jeans fabric and TB Triangle Hooks.
    What do you think?

And at last, when I need the bag to hold my safety gear (including the helmet), I am happy that everything fits in the Aeronaut.
    I pack my A45 ...-safety-small-jpg
    Last edited by wolpertinger; 12-19-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like a great solution! ingenious!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great solution, thanks for sharing!!

I've also been pondering a similar challenge. I use a bokken (wooden sword) and jo (walking staff) in aikido. Right now, when I go to the dojo, I have a backpack (EDC), large Shop Bag (for my gi and all other workout gear), and a long case for the wooden weapons. That's five straps slung over me! :) I've been pondering rigging/customizing a weapons bag with a sleeve - kind of like the rolling luggage sleeve for the WF - that is oriented horizontally, so I can secure it to my Smart Alec with a Gatekeeper strap. But, since I am not very tall, I wonder if the vertical orientation will cause problems while I am walking. (i.e. long case getting in the way of my stride and tripping me) So perhaps putting everything but the sticks in an A45 is the way to go!!

Anyway, all that to say - your application of the A45 as a gym bag is very inspiring! :)
    Last edited by haraya; 12-19-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much.

@haraya I know what you're talking about. For about a year I also trained aikido and I still have the bokken and jo at home. The only way I know to transport them, is an extra long bag, which is never easy to carry.
    Tell me how it works out for you, if you use the A45 as your gym bag.