Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1855
    Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To big sisterís tennis match. Loving the pop tote for EDC & the stuff sack for snack duty .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Munich, Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20190513 Shanghai, China

Travel season is here again, starting with a quick trip to Shanghai. While I also own an Empire Builder, a Checkpoint Flyer, and a Western Flyer, the Tri-Star is my favourite bag for long distance travel. Big enough to hold spare clothing should the suitcase get lost, but still easily admissible as business class onboard luggage.

I gave my colleague my 12-year-old Tri-Star because the old zips were looking a bit tough around the edges (still fully functional but not quite boardroom ready anymore). The durability of Tom Bihn bags is awe inspiring.

My Tri-Star is pretty fully spec'ed, including a Brain Cell, Freudian Slip, half a dozen key straps, and various bags and pouches.

The side effect is perfect for flying. It holds a passport pouch, Nik's wallet on a key strap, and various stuff I need on board, such as a Kindle, two phones, and an assortment of cables.

Good stuff all around. Given the price point of these bags, I sometimes wonder whether they were worth the investment. Each trip reminds me that yes, they're worth every cent, and then some.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Costa Brava, Spain.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My trusty nNordic SK at Iao Valley on Maui

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_20190509_132015-1-jpg

and I've been meaning to post one of these... look how well the Large ZTSB fits in the narrow aisle seat area on a Southwest 800
    Great way to use the vertical space and I can still fit a foot on both sides

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_20190515_091113-1-jpg

ETA: weird random note... had to stand on the train for 30+min on the way back from the airport during rush hour... I had the A45 on my back with the padded waist belt & sternum strap... since I wanted to hold on and not fall over, I hooked the waist strap through the LZTSB handles and let the bag just hang in front of me whilst I held on to the seat & overhead handles (BART train can be jolty)... that left me with two hands to hold on and coincidentally the weight is easier to carry off your core/hips than by arm... You can't really walk that way and it looks dorky, but who cares in a jammed commuter train at rush hour? :)
    Last edited by G42; 05-19-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    South Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took an amazing trip to Scotland and northern England this month. My Daylight Backpack accompanied me every day, including this walk to St. Columba's Bay on the Isle of Iona. I packed for the 12-day trip in my Tri-Star, folding the Daylight into the bottom of the middle compartment. They were a great combination.
    Attached Images Attached Images Where did your TB bag go lately-iona-jpg 

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did your TB bag go lately

In the park (and park cafe) getting to know my new S25 and delighting in the fact that the TC now fits in the bigger side pockets.

(Edited to delete second pic since if you zoomed in a lot you could see some identifying info from something lying next to the bag. It's too bad because I liked the turkey photo!)
    Last edited by Cristina; 05-19-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    In the park (and park cafe) getting to know my new S25 and delighting in the fact that the TC now fits in the bigger side pockets.

Wow, do you think you could get a Side Effect in there?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Wow, do you think you could get a Side Effect in there?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    The Side Effect does fit! It's a little too long for the opening of the pocket but there is some hidden space above the zipper. If you put the top end in first like the first pic, then put the bottom in, it will fit better.

The top angling in first:

The whole SE in the pocket:

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the top grab handle on your new s25 different? Looks like another change from the previous model?? Do you have some more closeup pics of this beautiful bag?
    Last edited by greenfossil; 05-19-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did your TB bag go lately

Quote Originally Posted by greenfossil View Post
    Is the top grab handle on your new s25 different? Looks like another change from the previous model?? Do you have some more closeup pics of this beautiful bag?
    Yes, I can't remember when it was mentioned on the forums (maybe a few months ago?) but the grab handles are like the Luminary ones now instead of the folded over ones of 2018. (ETA: possibly also late 2017? Working only off memory here)

It is made from a thicker silky webbing that is also now used for Side Kick/Side Effect straps. I love this webbing! It is SO much friendlier to jackets, especially packable down jackets or ones that are similarly delicate.

I'll try to take some more pics of what else fits in the new front pockets, as I'd like more people to share in some pocket joy.

Edited again to add: so as not to take over this thread I'll post separately with pics of a new 1" strap with new webbing and show it compared to old webbing.
    Last edited by Cristina; 05-19-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís a rainy Victoria Day in the Halifax Public Gardens, but the coffee is hot, the writing inspired, and the bags keeping everything dry!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zip-Top Shop Bags at our Motherís Day picnic - small in Dawn, large in Island and Grass.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First airplane trip and first 1-bag trip ever with the Synapse 25 - to Salt Lake City! It was a DELIGHT.

Where did your TB bag go lately-uixhb0e-jpg

Unfortunately the only halfway decent photo I've got with the bag in SLC was photobombed by my buddy on his OneWheel segway-esque skateboard...

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havana Cuba! 🇨🇺

This was just off the Plaza de Armas, next to where the city was founded. You can just barely make out the Christ of Havana in the distance too.

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_1461-1-jpg
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30
    "I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seaker, or a gunfighter but I am proud of what I am... I am a Librarian!"
    -The Mummy

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    Havana Cuba! ����
    Oh, I like the patches on your bag! Were they hard to attach? Have you added them one at a time, or did you save up patches and add them all at once after you decided where each patch should go?

Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast