Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 124 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1949
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    I picked up a down sleeping bag at a store closing sale a few years ago and it has been great for all these camp stays and the odd sleepover. Small, light, compressible. (I even bought a liner but neither of my kids are interested in using it.). The sleeping bag actually fit into the duffle along with the shoes. (I think the duffle was an REI 45L, I'll check when he gets home.)

You should see the packing list - different camp - for a two-week stay. My daughter brought an electric fan, a mattress topper, and I think a bath mat? (These were all recommended items on the official list and it was her second year going, so she had opinions about what she needed. She brought one large suitcase, one giant duffle - actually a laundry bag with backpack straps, I want to say about 60L? - and her pillow. Such a pain to lug over dirt paths. (Oh, also this camp required all-white outfits for weekly services. - eyeroll - )
    All white outfits, outdoors?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they had cabins to sleep in, and some larger communal areas for services and assemblies, but yes, you had to walk outdoors from building to building. (Though I think they just changed into the white outfits for the one evening each week when there were services. Still, I'm rather astonished that a kids' camp came up with that custom.)

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a TB failure. Just back from a rafting trip down the Colorado River and I don’t have a single photo of my TB gear. I loved my a30 packing cubes for keeping my gear organized. I had multiple colored GWOPs for electronics and daily needs on the raft. My spiff kit organized all my toiletries and medications. And my TC was great for travel days.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    I am a TB failure. [...]
    so I am xD I brought my GES25 with me in the Jura and the only photo I took was when my friend kitty jumped into it, I almost always have my Viridian cubelet with me (for lunch and afterwork) but never take photo of it *sob*
    just a Bihnion here

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did your TB bag go lately

My Poptote and Side effect made an appearance at The 2019 Worlds Irish Dancing Championship. They did a great job keeping me organized during the craziness of the competition.
    Last edited by stockwagner; 06-14-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly I'm joining the TB failure club, because I've been pretty much living out of my A30 for the past month and didn't take a single pic.

I've been moving from a studio basement suite in the city to my partner's travel trailer 2.5 hours drive away, and realised that no serious packing was going to get done until I made living at the suite less comfortable for myself. So I packed up all of my "fun" and "happy" things and moved them to my parent's place. This left me with the less fun packing from my storage room and kitchen, and all of my clothes, hobbies, toiletries, etc. had moved without me. I kept some bare minimum essentials in my Sidekick and underpacked A30, that way I could always toss in some random small things that I found and wanted in the trailer next time I was driving back and forth. I lived with the same two pairs of pants, 2 shirts, one set of sleepwear, 2 socks, 2 bras, 1 jacket, and 1 pair of shoes for three weeks.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a success story to me! Pics are secondary, smooth transit/traveling made possible by practical bags is kind of the point!! Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    Sadly I'm joining the TB failure club, because I've been pretty much living out of my A30 for the past month and didn't take a single pic.

I've been moving from a studio basement suite in the city to my partner's travel trailer 2.5 hours drive away, and realised that no serious packing was going to get done until I made living at the suite less comfortable for myself. So I packed up all of my "fun" and "happy" things and moved them to my parent's place. This left me with the less fun packing from my storage room and kitchen, and all of my clothes, hobbies, toiletries, etc. had moved without me. I kept some bare minimum essentials in my Sidekick and underpacked A30, that way I could always toss in some random small things that I found and wanted in the trailer next time I was driving back and forth. I lived with the same two pairs of pants, 2 shirts, one set of sleepwear, 2 socks, 2 bras, 1 jacket, and 1 pair of shoes for three weeks.

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did your TB bag go lately-img_20190614_192550-01-png
    I took a walk to Inwood Hill Park ball fields at the very tip of Manhattan to watch the sun set over the Hudson River and Palisades. I didn't want to take much with me so I threw my keys and phone into my new gorgeous grass 3DOC with hand loop. And the 3DOC was perfect for my walk. Sorry, I don't have the 3DOC in the picture. I took a picture of a seagull catching a fish but my phone didn't capture it well so I can't show it off, either.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stockwagner View Post
    My Poptote and Side effect made an appearance at The 2019 Worlds Irish Dancing Championship. They did a great job keeping me organized during the craziness of the competition.
    Welcome to the Forums, @stockwagner! I'm glad they helped, I'm sure that was a hectic time!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drove 16 hours from Indiana to Virginia last Thursday in a 16' box truck! I was delivering furniture to my son, for his first apartment. After a wonderful weekend, I flew home last night. My connecting flight was packed, so I put my S19 under the seat with my CP. Easy Peasy!
    Where did your TB bag go lately-s19_cp-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another shout-out for using Tom Bihn bags as carry-on items. The Pilot goes with me on almost every flight. Here it is under the seat in front on a CRJ series regional jet.

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_7813-jpg

Forum Member
    Munich, Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In which Nik's Minimalist Wallet visits the Pyramid of Khafre on the Giza Plateau in Cairo, Egypt.

The wallet lost its battle against the local currency, though. 300 were three centimetres thick...

I've used basic McGyver skillz, and cut away the sides of a cheap RFID blocking sleeve to make it fit into the wallet. The cards on the inside of the wallet are now protected. Tom Bihn should really make this a configurable option, because the RFID blocking foil is quite thin.

Not in this picture: a Tri-Star and a truckload of add-ons for it. The weather is a tad warm, but the food is fantastic.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have to try to find some pictures, but I went from Bahrain to Jacksonville, FL via Istanbul and JFK. My A45 and brain bag accompanied me for that trip. Was my first attempt at no checking luggage.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun day in SF with my work team today... Nebulous/Island L15 along for the ride

Oakland Bay Bridge

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_20190627_110007-1-jpg

Ferry Building & Financial District

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_20190627_110105-1-jpg
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did your TB bag go lately

Hi there!!! My Synapse 25 and I just made it back home from our first trip together, so here it is, taking its daypack role at the Court of the Lions - Patio de los Leones at the Alhambra, in Granada, Spain:

After this first trip, I must say I have the feeling I won't need another 3 to 5 days travel pack. This beauty has it all: leave your packing cubes with your clothes at the hotel, fill your water bottle with some fresh water and you're ready to go. It always seems to have the perfect size since it grows or shrinks as you throw items inside it. I've spent 8-10 hours a day carrying it for five days and it's been a bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ojkar; 06-28-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Page 124 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast