Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2091
    Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In DC area for a work trip with my Imago as my EDC/work bag. Nice thing about having a tiny MacBook now is that it easily fits In the Imago with my regular EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went hiking in the Santa Cruz mountains with my trusty Nordic Halcyon S25 ... which doesn't appear in this pic because everytime I tried to hang it on their antlers they backed away and were pretty standoffish; I guess they're WAY too important to spend time with the normals

Last edited by GrussGott; 12-13-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First outing for my Synik 22 and my HLT2 - a weekend in Chicago! Iím loving both bags! The Synik would have fit everything I needed if I hadnít had to bring presents!

The HTL2 fits nicely inside the S22 and converts to my PLO for the trip with my straps connected to split rings. (My wish for 2020 is a merging of the HLT and the SE- size and organization of HLT, with no thumb straps on back and with o-rings on side for straps.)

In addition to the HLT in the S22 I have my laptop, gifts, gloves, hat, puff jacket, etc. I love the clamshell as it allows me access to the puff jacket (or whatever!) on the bottom of the bag without having to pull everything out. I can see this being great for cameras, headphones, or other things needed occasionally but not on top of bag.

Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recognize the background. Did you happen to be at Summit?

Quote Originally Posted by ifer View Post
    I was thrilled that my Synik 30 arrived just in time to be my one bag for a 5 day trip: a weekend in Santa Barbara followed by a conference in LA. The Synik was amazing to travel with and I was especially amazed at how much it could hold and how comfortable it was on my back thanks to the straps! I used it as my day bag for the conference and it never felt too big or bulky even though it kept its shape. I was mostly surprised by how much I loved the external laptop compartment. It's not a feature I thought I needed, but I got so much value out of it.

Couldn't resist a photo at the hotel in downtown LA before I left. Here my Synik was fully loaded with 5 days of clothes, a pair of shoes, toiletries, conference swag, electronics, a jean jacket, and (!) my winter coat.

Attachment 23552

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My A30, for the first time ever, went on a plane!

I was on a trip to attend a 3-day course, for work, which happened to be held at the office in Luxembourg. Flew out on KLM on a Sunday evening, BRS-AMS-LUX; stayed over Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday at the Novotel Kirchberg (clean, modern, comfortable, soulless); course finished just after lunch on Wednesday, my colleague and I had a little wander round the old town to see the Christmas markets - then flew home on Wednesday evening LUX-AMS-BRS. I haven't been through Schiphol for over a decade - I'm sure it's bigger and more complicated than it ever used to be!

The loadout: cabin baggage only, targeted at a smart casual office dress code. Aubergine/Wasabi A30 (clothes, shoes, impedimenta) plus a Steel/Cayenne LCB to hold laptop, pens, notepad etc and use as EDC while away. I could probably have packed a little more lightly than I did, but the A30 coped very well; originally I thought I might have to upsize to my A45 (which if not overpacked would have been within the airline hand luggage sizing constraints - KLM Cityhopper are fairly generous with two items totalling <12Kg) but when I started to pack I realised that the A30 was big enough. My colleague Rakesh was not so lucky - he travelled Luxair direct from London City, limited to only 7Kg hand baggage!

As to what was actually packed... total weight was just over 10Kg according to the airline scales.

A30 main compartment:
    Island PCSB in packing cube mode with 3 x lightweight cotton turtlenecks
    Zest PCSB in packing cube mode with 1 x polo shirt, 1 x merino lightweight sweater (neither used, in the event), 4 u/wear, 4 pr socks
    1 x trousers, rolled
    1 pr gent's leather boots (I wore my lightweight trainers on the outbound journey, they came home in the A30 while I wore the boots home)

A30 left end:
    Wasabi Side Effect containing medications in original packaging (it was full...) with copy of prescription (security didn't turn a hair at a pack of pills)
    stack of little Muji clear pots with vitamins and supplements made up in daily doses ready to use
    Cardinal 3D Clear Cube with spare spectacles/cases
    Grass medium Ghost Whale with bits and bobs like Compeed plasters, plastic toothpicks, Q-tips

A30 right end:
    Olive parapack 3D Clear Cube with laptop charger, cables, Euro mains socket converter with integrated USB charger
    French Blue 3D Clear Cube with liquids (shower gel, deodorant, toothpaste, contact lens liquid, GTN spray) and toothbrush - I transferred liquids into the regulation plastic bag before going through security, just to be on the safe side
    2 x rolled Zest Travel Stuff Sacks for dirty laundry coming home
    Squidged Zest travel tray with oddments in it

LCB:
    work laptop (Lenovo X280) in (oversized) 13" horizontal MacBook Cache
    hardcover notepad
    two Parker '51' fountain pens, filled with ink (the '51' aerometric filler was designed to cope with pressure changes in flight - hence the "Flighter" model designation - and there was no sign of leakage or other misbehaviour)
    folded woollen scarf
    Apple AirPods pro

On the flight out I wore a pair of dark jeans with a turtleneck, lightweight New Balance dark trainers; grey Epsom coat, Tilley Winter Hat (which matched the coat well). Paperwork (copy of prescription, EHIC card, boarding pass etc) and passport were in my old Tula wallet in the coat inside pocket. Coming home, basically the same but wearing my boots and carrying the trainers in the A30.

Outstandingly useful items of the trip: Travel Tray (corralling all my bits & bobs and pocket contents at the hotel); and the AirPods Pro - they're the first noise cancelling headphones I've owned, and made the flight much more pleasant by blocking out most of the constant background noise while still allowing me to hear the cabin announcements. Fab!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TC is helping me organize my wallet, phones and ticket as I begin a one way flight to DC. Some of the party are less excited about the travel aspect.

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww, poor thing! Are you both moving to DC? The 'other' Washington welcomes you!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    My TC is helping me organize my wallet, phones and ticket as I begin a one way flight to DC. Some of the party are less excited about the travel aspect.

When you said you would be transferring to N Virginia in the "next few months" I didn't expect that you'd have to make your move just before Christmas! I just wish the weather were better to welcome you. Travel safely, and hope all of you enjoy your new location.
    I just found out I will be transferring to the other coast in the next few months, and I would like to downsize, so I don't drag things I don't need, but I will admit it is pretty overwhelming. I will be headed to N Virginia…
    moriond

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @haraya and @moriond, thank you! Yes, the other Washington. It has been a whirlwind to get things in order to get moved and report before Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that same pet carrier! It has served me well for... oh wow, 7 years already. (I sewed two extra ends onto an Absolute Strap to make it easier to carry, though.)

Good luck in the new adventure!

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OG Tom Bihn bag at the DCA Sky Club. Happy to be heading home.

"I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did your TB bag go lately-b9ee68a3-5b7f-4189-8f69-aa85c904ae65-jpeg

Feeling festive with my new Icon in Nebulous Gray/Iberian (two Iberian key straps are inside).

Very pleased so far with this silhouette: I like all of my bags to be able to work as a walking camera bag (anywhere from old SLRs to one of my Fuji X Series bodies and lenses). This bag’s landscape orientation works well for that. I read another owner of an Icon mention that they could never quite use all of the vertical volume in the Cafe Bags, and that has been a problem for me as well. Also, I am 5’3, with short legs, and vertical bags just take up too much space on my hip. The east-west configuration of the Icon is a great fit for my build.

Not totally in love with this color way, but it was the only one I could tolerate with a black strap. I know that it would be wildly impractical, not to mention environmentally irresponsible, to stock bag strap material in different colors, such as gray or blue or brown, to suit a small number of buyers like me who prefer more monochromatic or at least coordinating strap hues.. But oh! It would be lovely if TB bags did not always have a black strap.

Meanwhile, I do really appreciate the strap design. I removed the shoulder pad right away, but it will come in handy. I don’t find it hard at all to adjust the strap length, and I love cam buckles in general. I tend to leave a bit of excess in a loop, and let it out as desired. That way the bag never falls completely off and I am still able to move it back high on my shoulder like a messenger.

The two inside pockets in the top compartment are awesome.I also love how the side seams disappear into the bag when I am wearing it.

Forum Member
    austin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my PIKA came with me to commencement this past weekend -- it is a *fabulous* bag for wearing under regalia! ;)

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooohhh, brilliant! Low profile, non bulky under-Regalia storage. Adding to my wish list for next May...

Oklahoma US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new Pilot and HLT2 hanging out in my hotel room while I'm officiating a swim meet for the weekend!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast