Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Columbus, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in Paris for a birthday week of sightseeing and shopping (there's a Uniqlo store here!). Maiden voyage for my new Tristar! I started packing in the Aeronaut, but found it was too big so (shucky-darn) moved to the TS. I find that I still brought too much. Wife checked her bag (don't ask) so my CP came as her carry-on.

From the top of the Arc:
    Where did your TB bag go lately-arc-roof-2-jpg

Staying at a friends apt. in Montmartre:

Where did your TB bag go lately-fotor_-24-jpg
    Last edited by dnarud13; 02-15-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells) ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."
    - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
    - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
    - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think this is the fellow you mean:
    I just wanted to say that this pic NEVER GETS OLD. Summarises my daily struggles. LOVE!

cave of caerbannog
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    I just wanted to say that this pic NEVER GETS OLD. Summarises my daily struggles. LOVE!
    that would make a great tattoo....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amsterdam. En route to Lagos. Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1424070267-649085-jpg

My bags and I are currently waiting for a shower.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Amsterdam. En route to Lagos. Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1424070267-649085-jpg

Your bags look like they're enjoying the rest! I can recognize the Pilot, but what's behind it?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    Your bags look like they're enjoying the rest! I can recognize the Pilot, but what's behind it?
    @blackbird, I was wondering whether that might be a Daylight Briefcase in 400d Black Dyneema behind the Pilot. I was also going to ask whether anybody traveled with a DLBC in addition to the Pilot -- the DLBC can easily be slipped into the main back compartment. I've been thinking about doing this with my new Aubergine/Wasabi (Ballistic Nylon) Pilot, because in some carrying settings (crowds, urban commuting, etc.) I feel the Pilot tends to stick out a bit more from my side than I'd like while I'm wearing it, but I might want the volume and carrying capacity while traveling.

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings from Kona, the Big Island of Hawaii. The PU, NFTD (fast becoming one of my favorites), and numerous stuff sacks and a PCSB are here. The PU and NFTD performed well in an unexpected airport overnight stay due to delays and grounded flights in Honolulu. The sleek shapes and discrete volume of these bags makes under seat storage a breeze.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Hawaii, @GoStanford. Sorry to hear about the flight delays that colored your first impressions. Hope you have an awesome stay.

moriond

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit surprised you were able to make it out of Boston.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinotLight View Post
    I'm a bit surprised you were able to make it out of Boston.
    It was not easy! It's a long story, and I am actually still traveling, due to a cancelled flight and re-routing.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was not easy! It's a long story, and I am actually still traveling, due to a cancelled flight and re-routing.
    Hope you reach your destination soon and the route home is easier!

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bags besides me right now at BWI: Synapse 25, Night Flight Travel Duffel. As I tweeted this evening:

"Delays! :) After 2 flight Δs & an airline Δ, never been quite so glad to have 0 bags in The System. Have WiFi, snacks, & books #tombihn #bwi"

Flight to Charlotte for a connection? Yeah: not gonna happen. I have been rebooked a few times; needed to work around work schedule incl. a meeting tomorrow that just came up; this means that I ended up being switched from US Airways to American (American is still in process of buying US Airways), and now a hybrid: to American to Dallas, US Airways to Austin. Crazy scheduling hijinks; I have been very impressed though by the rebooking folks as well as the departure desk people from both airlines.

The bag pair above (and what I'm wearing) contains enough clothing for four and a half days in the cold, computer, a few phones, Kindle, laptop & charger, and a fair amount of food: I spent the weekend in W. Virginia at a state park, and yesterday morning the temperature was 3 degrees. Minnesotans get worse, and so does McMurdo, but 3 is cold, no matter what. (And as a matter of fact, I was not in a rustic cabin, but in a nice rented house right nearby.)

Two layers of Merino (a Kathmandu pullover, and an Icebreaker full-zip / no hood), a North Face jacket, waterproof gloves, Icebreaker scarf, t-shirts, wool socks, trousers, cables for all the electronics, emergency, baggie of toilet articles, drawing paper, electric toothbrush, compact electric razor. I could live in the terminal for a pretty long time, and I will survive DFW overnight, because a) I am a cheapskate and b) because it will be fun, and probably not in that order. Airports are good people watching, and DFW is apparently a decent place to be stuck ;) (I found and am an instant fan of this site: The Guide to Sleeping in Airports)

One thing this experience has led me to wish for: a security loop on the absolute strap, so I could use it to more easily loop an absolute strap through handles on other bags, around immobile furniture, etc.

CT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Parental unit just went to the NBA All star game. It was small enough to make it into the arena without much fuss, but big enough to hold all the stuff I needed to carry with me. It's going to come along with me to the Garden Friday night when the Heat come to town. As for my Synapse, it hasn't been on any adventures yet, but it serves it's purpose: After I park my car in the early AM at the Metro North train station, it is on my back as I walk the mile and 1/4 to the train platform. It then scales stairs, subway platforms, and turnstiles, all while surviving the brutal cold, and the elements thrown at it :-)

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One week business trip during last week's cold weather in NY, NJ and NC with my TS and DLBC. Picture is at LAX waiting for my ride home.

Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1424398569-998684-jpg
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Costa Rica
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medellin, Colombia, in the Plaza de Botero with my Packing Cube Backpack, not too prominently displayed.Where did your TB bag go lately-p2030735-001-jpg

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast