Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Columbus, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another shot of my TB kit in Paris:
    Where did your TB bag go lately-tb-table-jpg
    [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells) ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."
    - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
    - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
    - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Daylight Briefcase, and a small organizer cube I use for my medications, sitting in the estimable Sherlock's Bar in Lagos as I wait until it is time to leave for my flight. (Actually the lobby of my hotel; it's not like I'm going barhopping. It's more of a small restaurant.) The red bag is out so that I will remember to take today's dose of anti-malarials. I also have a small (non-Tom Bihn) duffel with toiletries, a few changes of clothes and warm weather clothing for when I reach home.

My flight here was a three day saga that involved a train trip and multiple cities, as I fled a blizzard and was later re-routed due to a malfunctioning plane. I'm hoping the trip home will be smoother, but decided to carry-on enough to be prepared for anything.

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_1851-jpg

I hadn't been here for two years, so it was nice to be in Nigeria again. The switch from snow to summer weather was an added bonus.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 02-22-2015 at 05:17 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MCB in Manhattan

My MCB was recently in the J.P. Morgan Library and Museum in New York City, taking a break in their café from a conference

Where did your TB bag go lately-16267021200_0e802ef916_z-jpg

Columbus, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Visiting Giardino Valsanzibio; just south of Padova.

Where did your TB bag go lately-tb-cp-small-jpg
    [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells) ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."
    - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
    - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
    - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaeleo View Post
    My MCB was recently in the J.P. Morgan Library and Museum in New York City, taking a break in their café from a conference
    I like the graphics effect - looks like crocodile skin with the visual effect - a 3D dyneema bag!

Alternate between SW Ohio & Michigan's lovely Upper Peninsula
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Co-Pilot and S19 just enjoyed a lovely trip to the San Francisco/Berkeley area. The Co-Pilot enjoyed its visit to Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf, and the S19 absolutely loved the sunrise hike at Muir Woods. Both of them worked hard at the conference I attended in Berkeley. Oh, and a large shop bag went along, too. It came in handy for visits to the grocery store and keeping my loose stuff together in the back of the rental car. We all had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Synapse 19 & 25, Co-Pilot, Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, A45, A30, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Singapore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did your TB bag go lately-copilot_samsung_bkk2-jpg

5-days in Bangkok, in February, for a tech event with my Co-Pilot (tech gear, my camera stuff and tablet were in there). My clothes were in my Navy S19, which I left in the hotel room. Everything was less than 8kg (17.6lbs).

Where did your TB bag go lately-copilot_samsung_bkk1-jpg
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Calgary AB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did your TB bag go lately-image-jpgRecently i returned from a trip to Cuba with my brother, SIL and nephew. Because we take snorkeling gear and gifts we also had checked bags but here are pics of our carry ons: my Dyneema WF and Pilot, my SE my brother's dyneema Tristar and my SIL's Tristar ( formerly mine until I decided it was too big).
    Oh yea, and the half empty bag is my wf ( says she smugly!)

Some people have asked whether packing cubes are necessary For Tom Bihn bags. Below is a picture of the SIL 's tristar packed by (as my brother says) a small furry creature without opposable thumbs. Truly she uses the " stuff it all in randomly" method of packing.

Where did your TB bag go lately-image-jpg

And a comparison with my brother's Tristar packed using packing cubes.... The backpack straps make his bag look fatter than it is perhaps.

Where did your TB bag go lately-image-jpg
    Last edited by jannilee; 03-05-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Forum Member
    USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First trip with the new bags, loving them so far. Also saw a couple of random people carrying Aeronauts in the airport. I've held off for a couple of years on this purchase but glad I finally pulled the trigger.

Where did your TB bag go lately-dsc00661-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My trusty S19, SE and Skookum cap went to the Everglades today:

Northeast US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    My trusty S19, SE and Skookum cap went to the Everglades today:

Good Lord — you were in spitting distance of two alligators! Thank goodness they look like they're sleeping — otherwise that gorgeous Nordic Dyneema might have been in real danger.
    Where did your TB bag go lately

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Nagoya, Japan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think this is the fellow you mean:

The image was in a posted reply to @ncb4's comment about lacking restraint, in a thread about the Brain Bag issued in Burnt Orange, but the original image was posted by @GEOCycle from the middle of an even longer thread. I can't easily search for pictures when they're just linked, and not attached to individual users, so I saved that image as one of my attachments when I linked it.

HTH. The sentiment seems so appropriate to these forum discussions, it's sure to come up again!

moriond
    So happy to see that's still in use. And true.

Have a backlog. Will try to get something fun here soon.
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad RistrettoAeronautSynapseLg Shop Bag • lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    FlickrBlog
    Now ... what else do I "need" ...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOcycle View Post
    So happy to see that's still in use. And true.
    Is there a meme generator for those Hyperbole and a Half comics?

And I missed the earlier post from the visitor to San Francisco - hope you had a great time here!

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few recent outings:

Small shop bag and parental unit hanging out at the dog beach.

Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1427043928-137349-jpgWhere did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1427043951-173212-jpg

Little Swift enjoying koi pond.

Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1427043908-234740-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Nashville, TN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My CoPilot made a trip to the Biltmore Estate last week...

Where did your TB bag go lately-biltmore-png

Page 5 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast