Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 69 of 142 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2125
    Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hotel breakfast with the Side Effect.

Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bathroom door and a hole in the wall. I don't get hotel room design sometimes.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBute View Post
    No bathroom door and a hole in the wall. I don't get hotel room design sometimes.
    Me neither. I once stayed in a hotel in Seoul where the bathroom had glass walls. If you wanted, you could look through the glass walls, across the room to the window which had a view of the apartment buildings on the other side of the park. I did not want, so I made use of the roller blind that could completely cover the glass wall. All I could think was "what if someone in those apartments had binoculars, or a telephoto lens",
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A30 and S19 just did a 6 day trip to Bangalore via Doha and back. Perfect combo
    Aeronaut 30 in Aubergine/Wasabi
    Ristretto in Olive/Cayenne
    Small cafe in Plum Cordura/Olive
    Western Flyer in Black/Island
    Synapse 19 in Burnt Orange/Northwest Sky
    Smart Alec in Black/Iberian
    Synapse 25 in Red Blend/Northwest Sky
    Small Cafe bag in Red Blend/Navy (EDCB)
    Accessories:travel tray , Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, 3D Organizer Cube, Set of A30 Aether Packing Cubes, Side Effect, and a Double Organizer Pouch I use as a wallet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a country pub with my Large Cafe Bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for boy3 in the pick-up line. Verde/NWS Maker's Bag and a rainbow of accessories :)
    Where did your TB bag go lately-image-jpg

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBute View Post
    Hey honey, can you pass me my razor? I left it in the A30 on the bed.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did your TB bag go lately-img_4445-jpg

To work with me! This color combo makes me so happy. The navy is bright in the sunlight. ETA: I didn't mean to copy RDR3 - I just really like this bag and then I scrolled up and saw your post right above this one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GoStanford :) It IS a great bag and the Navy is stunning!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Where did your TB bag go lately-img_4445-jpg

To work with me! This color combo makes me so happy. The navy is bright in the sunlight. ETA: I didn't mean to copy RDR3 - I just really like this bag and then I scrolled up and saw your post right above this one!

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the way home from 21 days in Asia (Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Japan).

Pictured: A45 and a Pilot.

Not pictured: numerous packing cubes and a small cafe bag. The non-TB bag is a packable duffel that now holds all my dirty clothes.

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did your TB bag go lately

Quote Originally Posted by alleira View Post
    On the way home from 21 days in Asia (Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Japan).

Pictured: A45 and a Pilot.

Not pictured: numerous packing cubes and a small cafe bag. The non-TB bag is a packable duffel that now holds all my dirty clothes.

I have that same packable duffel from Sea to Summit which I use for dirty clothes as well. It is super strong, water resistant and super tiny (about 3" long in its stuff sac, about 2 oz), and holds 40 liters! Handle is thin and uncomfortable if carried on its own (a bandana wrapped around it helps), but I take that bag on every trip. Very versatile.

Last edited by Amy; 03-23-2017 at 07:44 AM.
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @amy how durable is that duffel? Would you check it?

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    @amy how durable is that duffel? Would you check it?
    It's ultrasil-- strong and tear resistant, and I wouldn't worry about checking it, although I never have put that theory to test. I did read Amazon reviewers who have checked it without issue. It's about $30 which sounds expensive for an ultra thin bag of fabric which fits in the palm of your hand, but it's cheap if you think of it as 40 liter piece of "luggage" that be used as a checked bag in a pinch. In fact, I would feel LESS bad about checking this bag than checking a Tom Bihn bag, because i'd much rather this one get filthy or destroyed than a beloved Bihn bag!

I've also used mine as a plane bag to contain large loose things: jacket, hat, pillow, smaller bags, ukulele, etc. You can slide it under the seat and not worry about any of your nice stuff stuff touching the ground.

P.S. I'm also a fan of the Sea to Summit Sling Bag. It packs even tinier, and has a long strap and zipper. I carry it in my Side Effect and have used it for groceries, to carry books from a bookstore, and as a walking-around bag which is large enough to hold jacket, water, and purchases. It also makes a good dirty clothes bag on trips since it zips shut and is made of the same ultrasil material as the duffel.
    Last edited by Amy; 03-23-2017 at 12:48 PM.
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in Leipzig for a bookfair. Yesterday we visited a monument called Völkerschlacht Denkmal related to a war where Napoleon played a mayor roll in.

Illyway

“Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did your TB bag go lately

I couldn't be at a fun California meeting I helped plan because of travel paperwork issues. So I found a beautiful Saturday spot at home instead...just lovely...

Last edited by KmK; 03-25-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Page 69 of 142 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast