Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 9 of 140 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Nashville, TN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me with an overstuffed TriStar in the Grand Place in Brussels...

Where did your TB bag go lately-grand-place-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Me with an overstuffed TriStar in the Grand Place in Brussels...

Where did your TB bag go lately-grand-place-jpg
    Such a thoughtful pose.

Forum Member
    Melbourne
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here is my size 2 SS enjoying the view at Bingling Grotto, Gang Su province, China. We had to take a boat to get to the grotto. There wasn't much room in the boat so I left my MCB in the bus. I popped a cardigan and my drink bottle in the SS and used a long key strap to hang my camera around my neck. I felt so light and free of possessions. The SS really enjoyed the views and fresh air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My French Blue Synapse traveled with us to Ft. Lauderdale back in March:

Where did your TB bag go lately-fbs19-jpg

And two weekends ago, we took the Olive/Uv and Navy Parapack/Iberian S19s on a hard hat tour of Ellis Island, something I've been meaning to do forever, since it's only 25 minutes away.

Here I am in the Olive S19. The tour was fantastic - I would highly recommend it if you ever get the chance. You really have to book it 6+ months ahead though, so plan accordingly.

Where did your TB bag go lately-olivesynapse1-jpgWhere did your TB bag go lately-olivesynapse2-jpg

And here is my better half with the Navy Parapack S19, looking up her great grandfather's name on the wall. I had no one to look up, since my family has been here since the early 1700's....

Where did your TB bag go lately-navysynapse1-jpg

We also were in the city this past Friday night to see Judy Collins at the Met Museum's Grace Rainey Rogers Auditorium (she was amazing). Then we had dinner at L'Ybane in the theatre district. I didn't take any pictures of our Medium Cafe bags which accompanied us, so here's a few of the restaurant and the jazz musicians that provided our entertainment for almost four hours - they had some friends in the audience who took turns getting up and jamming with them. Among them was a clarinetist and lyricist who had worked with Connie Francis, Frankie Lane, Tony Bennett, Charlie Palmieri, Dean Martin, and Eartha Kitt, to name a few. Oh and he also wrote Times Square, the Musical. He's the gentleman to the immediate left of the guitar player:

Where did your TB bag go lately-lybanejazz-jpg

Our friends sat in these throne-like chairs (we got the "normal" seats across from them) which were just off to the band's right, and the musicians kept up a lively banter with us all night long, asking us for requests. They played non-stop for hours, mostly from "The Great American Songbook". It was the kind of night that reminds me how lucky I am to live so close to such a great city.

Where did your TB bag go lately-lybane1-jpg

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the WINE! Of course, this had NOTHING to do with us almost missing the last train out of Penn Station.....

Where did your TB bag go lately-lybanewine-jpg

It was the kind of night that reminds me how lucky I am to live so close to such a great city.

Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430835650-598739-jpg

My A30 and S19 are on a 15-day road trip with me from Frankfurt to Sweden. This is my S19 at Koster Islands, Sweden, where we hiked. We are waiting for our ferry at Kilesand, South Koster.

Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430835797-952883-jpg

My traveling companion, Ryan is using my Burnt Orange DLBP. He is very pleased with it.

Where did your TB bag go lately-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430835861-993751-jpg

As usual, the Tom Bihn bags have stood up to rain, dirt and heavy use on our trips.
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your pack indigo? With solar lining perchance?

Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    Is your pack indigo? With solar lining perchance?
    My S19 is Navy blue with the purple lining. :)
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Forum Member
    Houston, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my A30, Co-Pilot, and SE (all aubergine/wasabi) to DC for a week, but was so busy I forgot to take any pictures of them! While there, I made a quick dash to Maryland Sheep & Wool, where I saw a few Swifts. My husband's Ristretto was admired at National Airport and we all sailed breezily through security where one TSA agent flirted with me and called me gorgeous and I still haven't stopped reminding my husband of that!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some friends who went to the Maryland Sheep/Wool festival. Didn't know they were going or I might have tried to go. I'd have looked for TB people - tagged by bags!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Washu View Post
    we all sailed breezily through security where one TSA agent flirted with me and called me gorgeous and I still haven't stopped reminding my husband of that!
    This is too cute! +50

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In less than 24 hours, a road trip with various options ...

1) Will finally experience diapers in the Parental Unit this weekend, with perfect niece.

2) Clothes will mostly be in an Aeronaut

3) Computers (yes, plural) and many other electronics will be in some combination of Brain Bag and Synapse 25, in two different sizes of Brain Cell

4) Video camera will be in Daylight briefcase. Now, that sounds funny, I realize -- but I bought a padded inner shell (brand is "Caden") from Amazon on a whim, since I always have need for padding pieces of AV gear, and it turns out to fit the Daylight briefcase perfectly; snug, but in a good way, not a is-this-a-good-idea? way.

5) At least one shop bag will be with me; shopping for groceries is much nicer than relying on fast food options, sucker as I am for certain of those options. Calorie counting and increased exercise has been good for me lately, so shifting the carrot/cookie ratio is good.

I will at least theoretically be able to lift it all at once, but I wouldn't want to run through an airport with it, because it would take some strap arranging in the first place ;)

Forum Member
    Costa Rica
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always like Mr. Brown's photos and travel tales.

My A45, LCB and various pouches spent a week in Ivory Coast. Sorry, no good photos of my bags. Strangely enough, I saw a woman with an A30 on the immigration line when I arrived at the Abidjan airport. I showed her my bags and pointed to hers and her only comment was "Crazy! So expensive!"

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My A45 and LCB made their inaugural trips with back-to-back travel weekends to Toronto and then "back home" to Seattle.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised that the A45 fit very nicely in the overhead of the Q400 plane I took to and from Toronto and was very easy to tote from the airport to my hotel in Belltown during the Seattle trip.

I need to do a full review at some point, but needless to say, I am still obsessed with these bags.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My steel dyneema SE went kayaking with me today, though I kept it safely dry in a Sea to Summit dry bag. Once I had everything in the dry bag, I attached the SE strap to itself in a loop, then clipped the dry bag to the strap and slung it over my vest, so that I would not lose things overboard. Plus I wanted to access some of the goodies in my dry bag once I was out kayaking. The SE easily accommodated my first aid kit, COW, keys, snacks, and a cool beverage (plus a small icepack), though I also brought water, which I put under the kayak bungees once I got going. It was a perfect day for sightseeing among the houseboats and past some bridges, as I watched the float planes periodically land and take off from the water.

Where did your TB bag go lately-img_3471-jpgWhere did your TB bag go lately-img_3472-jpgWhere did your TB bag go lately-img_3474-jpgWhere did your TB bag go lately-img_3479-jpgWhere did your TB bag go lately-img_3480-jpgWhere did your TB bag go lately-img_3483-jpg

ETA: Now I finally understand the allure of the COW. It is perfect for those super minimalist days and a great addition when using the SE.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 05-10-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My LCB in azalea/sapphire at the library:

Page 9 of 140 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast