Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pictures Keepright! The way burnt orange changes in different light. You have sold the colour to me. Perfect for the dark winters we have here.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are gorgeous pictures. I've been debating a Smart Alec for short trips and to haul books/laptop comfortably now that I'm in grad school again (a trip to the library can net me 20+ extra pounds of paper and ink). I could be sold on the burnt orange. It looks really classy. I was discounting it because burnt orange isn't really my color but it's beautiful and I don't really need my backpack to match my wardrobe and my skin tones, do I? Plus, while I don't really have a need for a Glowire, I like what the contrast does for the bag and I can see threading some coordinating paracord or ribbon through the loops to change up the look a bit.

Verde is still my first choice, but I'm iffy on the UV. I've decided that I want something more calming to greet me as I fish for books.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    I've decided that I want something more calming to greet me as I fish for books.
    If you do end up getting a SA with a Steel interior, I would totally suggest also getting a guardian light if you don't already have one—I find mine invaluable when I am looking for a particular book in a large stack.

If it's not too nosy, what are you doing your degree in?

Forum Member
    San Francisco, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, wonderful pictures, @Keepright! They look perfect product review photos. I was going to search for a glowire tutorial but now i see how it works, I don't have to tape it like it says in the instructions. Thank you!!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    If you do end up getting a SA with a Steel interior, I would totally suggest also getting a guardian light if you don't already have one—I find mine invaluable when I am looking for a particular book in a large stack.

If it's not too nosy, what are you doing your degree in?
    Recently @Ilkyway posted some SA pics and featured her guardian light inside. With the Tapatalk issues right now, I'm not going to even try to hunt/peck my search!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Toronto, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    binje, thanks. For what it's worth, the Verde also looks great in the photo that Darcy posted of the three new SA colours. The Smart Alec seems perfect for boxy and heavy items – I've done boxy, and heavy, but never both at the same time. The large opening and undivided interior makes it easy to get in and out of, but the steel interior can make it hard to find small items inside. I have a little flashlight on a carabiner near the top of the bag (barely visible in one of the interior photos) to help out, much like Ilkyway does.

ThreeLeaves, my thanks to you as well. I am planning on writing a review, but need to travel a bit more with the BOSA first. ;) There's enough length on the free end of the glowire that it doesn't need to be taped to hold it in place, but I have actually taped it on the side with the battery box. I use the smaller pocket with the organizer slots to hold the battery box, but carry a water bottle on that side as well, so I taped the wire along the inner seam of the pocket to keep it out of the way. The battery box does need to be kept dry, so I only carry bottles that won't sweat in the humidity – they need to be either empty or insulated. I also keep the battery box in a soft cloth bag for a little extra protection, which has the added benefit of stopping it from turning on quite so easily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2