Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Well, I was lured into this thread under false pretences it would seem ......
    Attachment 11920

;)
    This is sooo funny!!!A quest for the perfect man bag: the 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 vs Tom Bihn Synapse 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pokilani you know that you now took my place? Just saying...

Ups... Eigentor...
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely agree that the one bag "to rule them all" (sorry - just saw the Lord of the Rings / Hobbit again recently) does not necessarily mean it is THE bag we will use always or even under most circumstances. For me, my "one" bag is the Brain Bag - it is that for me by way of it being the most flexible - has the 2nd largest carrying capacity of any TB bag (only superseded by the A45) and can cinch down to being very thin. However, I still use a combination of S25 / SA usually as my backpack EDC - because they are designed to be specifically better in certain areas - e.g. S25 for organization / aerodynamics and the SA for holding bulky items. In case you were wondering what my BB is doing now - it is ready as my family emergency bag - with packing cubes at the ready to go somewhere last minute (and cat treats for my cat).

On the history of this thread, all I have to say is - isn't technology wonderful - another example of how best intentions can still cause confusion :)

@nathanrhale - Welcome to the forum and thanks for revising your original post to be more relevant to TB bags in this forum. I thought, as @viewsnortheast mentions, that your web post was a good comparison and has started some good conversation - hence why I approved it. Note that for the next few posts / edits, there will be a delay in being seen on the forum due to how the technology automatically deals with new member posts.

@AVService - Thank-you for your response to the original post - it is a good point you make and supported by the forum rules (#2 mainly). Unfortunately, as @Ilkyway mentions, due to how the technology automatically deals with new members, new member that post new or update their own posts need manual approval first before been seen by the forum (to protect from spammers and ensure relevance). That delay in manual approval made this thread look strange and inconveniencing to you as the "first" post was your now "out of context" post for a short time until the revised first post was approved. Unfortunately, it is a necessary compromise to ensure the smooth running of the forum. PM me or another moderator if you want to edit your post but cannot anymore.

@ceepee - that is hilarious - technology at work again! I love the screen shot - perhaps a perfect person is made more perfect wearing a TB bag! Is there corresponding post for the other scenario? :)

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 05-31-2015 at 09:31 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best EDC carry bag

I have been using the pilot for my every day carry bag. It's amazing! It keeps getting better as I find more efficient ways to pack all the stuff I ever need. It's much more professional looking than the backpack style bags. I carry it every where I go. My family and friends have even started giving me a hard time because I never go anywhere without it. A quest for the perfect man bag: the 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 vs Tom Bihn Synapse 19-image-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2