Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Santa Monica, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vespa camping roadtrip with the Aeronaut

Last August I rode my Vespa GTS from Santa Monica, CA all the way up the coast to Vancouver, BC. Along the way I mostly camped. One Aeronaut fit all my clothes and supplies. I also had a tent, thermarest, sleeping bag that fit in the seat carrier and top case, and I also carried a camelpak backpack for small hikes and such. With a stop in Seattle, I made sure I had to stop over at the Tom Bihn store:

Vespa camping roadtrip with the Aeronaut-18292533732_1c5341c646_z-jpg

Visiting the small store and factory was awesome! It was super cool to check out all the inventory in person and I used the chance to pick up a small cafe bag, snake charmer, and also get a replacement strap.

The Aeronaut is great with the Vespa GTS because it fits in the step through area between the leg shield and seat space almost perfectly. Probably helps with the weight distribution too, compared to tying it on the passenger seat. Road tested!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awesome trip! Are you blogging about it somewhere? I'd love to see more photos/read all about it.

Glad you got to visit us. :)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Xtine,

I carry my Synapse 19 when I ride my Genuine Buddy scooter. The Large Shop Bag fits perfectly in the top case as a catch-all for shopping and errands, then I just drag the whole bag in to the house.

Santa Monica, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    What an awesome trip! Are you blogging about it somewhere? I'd love to see more photos/read all about it.

Glad you got to visit us. :)
    I didn't blog about it, but I do have pictures of the whole trip here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/coseca...57653685868346

I'm not that great with journaling my adventures... I need to try harder on my next trip though. ;)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing the beauty of the wonderful west coast!

Photo journaling is really great it show the essence of your adventures and it is a bit like where is Xtine on the west coast?

You are a very strong and brave lady biking and camping.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awesome trip'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the pictures, especially the food pics. Thanks for sharing!

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. I love Vespas (I did have a GT200 not too long ago) but would never have thought to put in Aeronaut in the footwell like that.

You've got me thinking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow--I can't imagine riding a Vespa long haul!! My mind is spinning with questions about comfort during the trip, safety, etc. but more than anything I'm just impressed with the whole concept! Go you!

Santa Monica, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used an Airhawk seat, didn't have any posterior issues. The only thing I didn't do and would change if I would do another super long haul trip would be to get a windscreen. Didn't realize how fatigued I would be because I was taking the brunt of most of the wind.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I celebrate you, @xtine!