Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,276   Posts: 197,762   Members: 7,230   Active Members: 173
Welcome to our newest member, FrodoBaggin.

Bag Hackers - Where do you get spare o-rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kieri
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2016

Bag Hackers - Where do you get spare o-rings?

I'd like to try a couple of bag hacks and I need probably 10-20 o-rings. TB doesn't sell then on the "Parts" page and everything I see on Amazon is either huge or a rubber gasket. Are there any bag hackers out there with a preferred source for o-rings?
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar
  • aedifica
    Volunteer Moderator
    • Jan 2017

I haven't found any just like TB's, but I have some slightly smaller white ones I got on Amazon. They've been working well for me.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

• daisy
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2011

you could try Etsy under craft supplies.
      List under construction ....

Comment

• sturbridge
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2014

I've purchased black o-rings on etsy. I've also seen them in sewing/knitting stores, but these are typically white or clear.
        Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is my Black Halcyon Zeitgeist with a Cobalt Cerylon 3DOC as my "purse"/

Comment

• ZoeBios121
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2016

I know from some TB video that the O rings are made of Delrin.

I would call TB and ask them where they get their stuff, they might be willing to see you some too, at least give you a name to look into/search. Good luck.

Comment

• katek8
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2013

They sell the same size O-Rings at any fabric store in the notions section.

Comment

• Kelly S
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2017

Maybe the question is....how do we get them to put them on the "parts" page?

Comment

• anna2222
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2017

I concur, would love to see TB offer black o-rings to purchase.

Comment

• littlewarrior
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2015

there's a "parts" page?
                  He who would travel happily must travel light. -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

• Cristina
                    Volunteer Moderator
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by littlewarrior View Post
                    there's a "parts" page?
                    We offer a selection of replacement side release buckles, snaphooks, gatekeeper clips, hooks, and replacement parts for our bags. All of our bags are backed by a lifetime guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship.

Comment

Working...
                    X