Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Space Pen Holder for Nik's Minimalist Wallet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajbt200128
    • Jun 2019

Space Pen Holder for Nik's Minimalist Wallet

I love space pens, lifetime warranty, very durable, well built... sound familiar? Anyways I daily cary Nik's Minimalist Wallet, and with my last wallet I had a space pen attached to it since it's a perfect pocket-able size. I looked online if there was any sort of solution, but there wasn't. So I decided to make my own using an old amazon gift card and duct tape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191213_160041_29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	314132

As you can see the length of space pen is the exact height as the wallet. An important note is this design only works when the pen has a clip. I have had one or two times where the clip falls off and so the pen falls out but, considering the materials used I'd say it's super reliable

Name:	IMG_20191213_160114_29.jpg
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	314133

The duct tape strip usually doesn't get in the way as I never put any cards in front of it.

Name:	IMG_20191213_160125_29.jpg
Size:	414.7 KB
ID:	314134

To make this I just made an inside out duct tape loop the size of the pen, and then wrapped that.

I'm hoping in the future to try and make one out of something like fabric or leather, but I've never worked with any of that stuff so I'm unsure how to approach it.
  • ajbt200128
    • Jun 2019

Originally posted by tress29 View Post
    What about attaching a pen loop to that old gift card?

https://www.amazon.com/Volin-Crik-Se...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    That's actually what I had with my last wallet, the reason I couldn't use that with this is it would put the pen in the middle of the wallet where it wouldn't be able to close properly, and make it harder to access easily. I could theoretically put it in the outside pocket, but considering the weight of the pen it would most likely slip out.

Comment

• Dreamer
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2014

I've been considering getting an Ohto Minimo pen for my wallet, but I think the holder would have to be trimmed just a smidge to fit in the cardholder. A penholder variant for the wallet lineup seems like a great idea.

Comment

• ejvc
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2015

If you can sew: buy a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" black elastic, sew a loop to fit the pen along the existing wallet seamline, cut off ends close to the seamline and singe to melt the elastic. Obviously be careful because you don't want to melt the wallet. But this is an easy mod.

If you don't have a sewing machine, now is the time to ask why :-)

Comment

• experimentjon
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Wow--I didn't expect to see that! More uses for duct tape--I can't sew either, but I like these duct tape solutions.

Comment

Working...
          X