Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-Pilot: Will it fit?

Hi all, long time Tom Bihn traveler here but new member to the forum checking in.

To complement my Aeronaut (9 years old, still looking great), I am looking at the Co-Pilot and have the following question for you:

How will my camera (Fuji X100t) fit in one of the front side pocket?

Its size is aprox 13 x 7.5 x 7.5 cm (incl. hood; without 6 cm deep).

Thanks for your time & kind regards.

Massachusetts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 7.5 cm depth/thickness is going to be the tricky bit. My Dyneema Co-Pilot could potentially stretch to take something that deep in a front pocket but a solid, hard edged item like a camera won't make it easy. If you had the bag in 1000D cordura instead of Dyneema that could also be a hindrance to pushing the limits of capacity. Better that the camera could be carried at 6 cm thick to fit that particular pocket in my opinion.

Singapore
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Fuji X100T is better off in the main compartment. I use an insert for better protection.
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrown View Post
    The Fuji X100T is better off in the main compartment. I use an insert for better protection.
    I second the wise Mr. Brown. I have a Fuji xe-2, which I think is about the same size as the X100t [when I have the pancake lens attached] and I also keep it in the main compartment, in an Ape insert. I have the 10.25 x 7 x 4-inch size.

Hope this helps,

Nancy

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Now that I have received my Co-Pilot and been using it for a about two weeks, I thought I would come back to this thread and provide my answer to my own question.

I have been using the Co-Pilot as everyday bag with the Fuji X100t in the right front pocket. Fit is tight but good. Only very little bulging towards the larger back pocket but doesn't really reduce its usable space.

I have a polarising filter and 2 reserve batteries in a little neoprene pouch, which I place at the bottom of the pocket. This provides just enough damping at the bottom (and raises the camera, making it easier to remove).