Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: europe

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool europe

Hi I am new to forum. I am going to europe on business for 5 days. I taking only one bag a tri-star. I using it as a briefcase and carry on for 5 days. I have serveral packing cubes and clear organizer for all shaving an bathingcommodites. I have 2 dress pants. pair of jeans. packing cube of underwear and socks for 5 days and dress shirts for 5 days. A small suiter that i bought and can put on any carry on. Wearing on the plane . A blazer and jeans and dress shoes. sneakers and some running shorts in the bag. Have a TRX system. carrying laptop a 2an1. havea small organizer from eagle creek and the cubes are eagle creek. taking cellphone and very small camera . One traveling towel and small packests for laundry. I am buying that organizer for clean and dirty clothes. I am small business man and would appreciate some realistic feedback. In regards to the tri-star can that double as a briefcase or can i carry another piece in the tri-star can be folded up and use as a briefcase. thx for your help anybody.
    perry

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psm123 View Post
    In regards to the tri-star can that double as a briefcase or can i carry another piece in the tri-star can be folded up and use as a briefcase. thx for your help anybody.
    perry
    welcome to the forum!

No a tristar can't double as what most would regard as a briefcase. While people have been known to take the TS for business meetings it is really a bit too big. A daylight briefcase should be a good option for you. It fits well in the tristar occupying minimal space and can serve as a briefcase for your meetings. I have the dyneema DLBC and put this in my tristar or WF when I am off on business stuff

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might risk using the TS as a briefcase, but I am 6'-3". WF is a comfortably sized briefcase for me. A packable Daylight Briefcase is a good idea otherwise.

If you are planning to do laundry, you probably don't need that many outfits - for a 5 day work trip with the Western Flyer I usually wear one, carry two, and have another "casual" outfit that could go either business casual or touristy dress, in addition to workout clothing if I plan on doing anything outdoorsy. Always wear undershirts as well, they are easier to wash on the road and they keep your outerwear clean (you can get away with 2 or 3 total sets of the fast-drying variety). Afterward, steaming dress shirts in a hotel shower is usually enough to freshen them for another wear. Keep the wardrobe simple so that everything can be worn with everything, and unless you wear a lot of distinct patterns, no on will now if you are re-wearing the same shirt.

When on the road I do a High-Intensity circuit that works well for hotel rooms and don't have to bring anything.