Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Forum Member Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Share
    York, UK
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I have recently aquired a small Snake Charmer so think I will be using that.(thanks Perseffect)
    Just waiting for a 3DOC to try out in the bottom pocket as well..

    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

  2. #17
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,381
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still experimenting with my new black 525 ballistic/canyon 210 ballistic S19... love the colour combo and I love the materials...they're silky but sturdy.

    So far I'm liking using two of the Cubelets on 8" key straps in the bottom pocket (Veridian & Dawn). They tuck in fairly well, even full and sit side by side. I haven't completely overstuffed each of them, but I doubt I'd ever use a Cubelet that way anyway....

    Here there are in situ
    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-img_20170927_170407-jpg



    And out exploring on their leashes
    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-img_20170927_170429-jpg

  3. #18
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,381
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first glance, the side pockets didn't look very big, but I've realized that the whole pack sort of tetris's in on itself... it's like an origami flower unfolding pockets of space....

    Pen/pencil pocket with pen & pencil, Q-kit mini in aubergine, and the Pocket Pouch in aubergine/wasabi...
    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-img_20170927_171701-jpg

    Pouch pocket with the tiny Moleskin, a Reisenthel foldable nylon bag, Altoids, and a Q-kit mini in burnt orange...
    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-img_20170927_171736-jpg

    Hanging out on the leashes...
    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-img_20170927_171751-jpg

  4. #19
    Forum Member nimikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Share
    Orange County, CA, USA
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent!
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

  5. #20
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm still experimenting with my new black 525 ballistic/canyon 210 ballistic S19... love the colour combo and I love the materials...they're silky but sturdy.

    So far I'm liking using two of the Cubelets on 8" key straps in the bottom pocket (Veridian & Dawn). They tuck in fairly well, even full and sit side by side. I haven't completely overstuffed each of them, but I doubt I'd ever use a Cubelet that way anyway....

    Here there are in situ
    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-img_20170927_170407-jpg



    And out exploring on their leashes
    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-img_20170927_170429-jpg
    I have a question after seeing your post (preparing to buy a synapse 19). If 2 cubelets fit, and they both are 5.1 inches wide and high, does that mean that an unstuffed PCSB (11.75 inches * 7.75 inches) OR a side kick (9.6 inches * 7.5 inches) would fit in that bottom pocket, especially if in halcyon?

  6. #21
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,381
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An 'unstuffed' SE should fit. I'm sure folks have tried it and can chime in... if no one does, I can check it later tonight.
    I don't have a PCSB, but that size looks much tighter, so it would depend on how 'unstuffed' it is...
    The shape of the bottom pocket is sort of a trapezoid...

  7. #22
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More detail: I am planning to use the Synapse 19 as my "one bag" main carry-on for plane travel next summer, but I would bend the concept of "one bagging" by having a bag-in-a-bag that I could take out to use while in the plane and once I land to walk around town. I saw posts that said that the side effect fits easily in the bottom pocket, so that's great, but if I could bring a side kick (I will need to order one or the other) it would be most useful (more stuff!). I would certainly be able to only put a few essential things while it is stuffed in the bottom pocket (a kindle, glasses, passeport, boarding passes and money) and add more when I go sightseeing. I also have an aeronaut 30 and I read that the side kick fits in a side pocket, so that's another incentive to get that one... However, when I will use the Synapse 19 as my main EDC bag to go to work the rest of the year (I can't always be travelling!), I would not "need" to fill the bottom pocket with a second bag.

    Thanks for your help !

  8. #23
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,381
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    More detail: I am planning to use the Synapse 19 as my "one bag" main carry-on for plane travel next summer, but I would bend the concept of "one bagging" by having a bag-in-a-bag that I could take out to use while in the plane and once I land to walk around town. I saw posts that said that the side effect fits easily in the bottom pocket, so that's great, but if I could bring a side kick (I will need to order one or the other) it would be most useful (more stuff!). I would certainly be able to only put a few essential things while it is stuffed in the bottom pocket (a kindle, glasses, passeport, boarding passes and money) and add more when I go sightseeing. I also have an aeronaut 30 and I read that the side kick fits in a side pocket, so that's another incentive to get that one... However, when I will use the Synapse 19 as my main EDC bag to go to work the rest of the year (I can't always be travelling!), I would not "need" to fill the bottom pocket with a second bag.

    Thanks for your help !
    Maybe you can consider putting squish-able items like socks & undies into the bottom pocket either 'as is' or in stuff sacks and put the SK into the main compartment during travel.
    I personally prefer the SK over the SE simply because the SK can hold a 16oz Nalgene bottle upright and there's still room in the bag for other stuff, like keys, Kindle, kleenex (all the K's in the SK!), etc.

    Once you decide & get one, post pics!

  9. #24
    Forum Member brucep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Share
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    I saw posts that said that the side effect fits easily in the bottom pocket, so that's great, but if I could bring a side kick …
    The S19 is way too short for a SK in the bottom pocket; that would require a S25.
    Attached Images Attached Images Synapse 19 bottom pocket-synapse-bottom-pocket-jpg 

  10. #25
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G42 and brucep, you are both right, my fixation on fitting the SK in the bottom pocket of a synapse 19 needs to be cured. BUT I am not cured of my fixation of getting a SK Smilie Thanks for the pic and additional info.

  11. #26
    Forum Member daisy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    G42 and brucep, you are both right, my fixation on fitting the SK in the bottom pocket of a synapse 19 needs to be cured. BUT I am not cured of my fixation of getting a SK Smilie Thanks for the pic and additional info.
    The SK does fit nicely in the inside pocket of the main compartment of an S19(if it's not toooo stuffed)


    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-sk_in_s19-1-jpg
    Last edited by daisy; 02-06-2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: add picture
    List under construction ....

  12. #27
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,381
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    G42 and brucep, you are both right, my fixation on fitting the SK in the bottom pocket of a synapse 19 needs to be cured. BUT I am not cured of my fixation of getting a SK Smilie Thanks for the pic and additional info.
    I have two SK's myself - Cloud/Viridian and Mars Red/Canyon, so I know the feeling!

  13. #28
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,381
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    The SK does fit nicely in the inside pocket of the main compartment of an S19(if it's not toooo stuffed)


    Synapse 19 bottom pocket-sk_in_s19-1-jpg
    Thanks for the pic, that's a good shot of how it fits across.

    I was thinking that if she put squishy stuff in the bottom pocket and built up the inside of the S19 with other stuff in a 'U' shape, the SK could go vertical at the very top (I realize there's not a ton of room), to allow easy removal once on the plane.

    One bagging with 19L is too hardcore for me, especially to do bag-in-bag, unless it's only a night or two.
    I applaud anyone who makes it work!

  14. #29
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post

    One bagging with 19L is too hardcore for me, especially to do bag-in-bag, unless it's only a night or two.
    I applaud anyone who makes it work!
    I have never used a 19 liter bag to travel for 2 weeks. Let's see when my order arrives (clicked "order" on the Synapse 19 and Sk last night!). I have used an aeronaut 30 that was filled about 20 liter last summer for around 3 weeks but it does not mean I can go as low as 19. If anything, the synapse 19 will only be my perfectly perfect little EDC bag and I'll travel to Asia with my A30 this summer (and my SK!) Smilie To be continued...

  15. #30
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Share
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other option is to clip the SK to the waist belt of your S19. (There was a post with pictures where someone used gatekeeper clips to attach a SE. Can’t find it now.)

    still one bag carry but with a “modular pocket”

    Edited: pictures are in this thread
    https://forums.tombihn.com/not-about...ernatives.html
    Last edited by Traveltech; 02-07-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •