Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me point out one thing......many airlines, mostly outside the U.S., are now cracking down on the size of the personal item. The S25 would be too big. If your travels include any of those airlines, keep this in mind.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Forum Member
    New Jersey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Frank II,

Thanks for the info and that is definitely good to know. My traveling is more frequently in the US, but an overseas trip won't be out of the question. If so, then I am thinking that the MCB would come in handy, assuming I decide I want to keep that bag, though judging by my Bihn experience so far, I'd suspect that'll be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    Let me point out one thing......many airlines, mostly outside the U.S., are now cracking down on the size of the personal item. The S25 would be too big. If your travels include any of those airlines, keep this in mind.
    Sorry for hijacking the post, but can you post a source or a list which airlines crack down the personal item size and to what size are they reducing?
    Is the change just for the personal item or also for the carry-on?
    Thanks!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolpertinger View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the post, but can you post a source or a list which airlines crack down the personal item size and to what size are they reducing?
    Is the change just for the personal item or also for the carry-on?
    Thanks!

There is no list as to which airline "cracks down" on size and weight limits of both carry-ons and personal items. This is up to the gate agent. There are lists of airline carry on published size and weight limits but that doesn't necessarily mean they enforce them.

Usually, the more discount the carrier, the more they enforce the rules. And since size limits for personal items are different for every airline, it gets very confusing. There is no standard.

The gate agents for a full flight might be stricter than agents for a more empty flight. It's all hit or miss. A regional aircraft more so than an international wide body. (And some airlines have different size limits depending on the type of aircraft you're on.)

My belief system is the one time you try to get on a bigger bag is the one time they'll enforce the rules. Every airline publishes its carry-on size limits and personal item limits if they have one. Just check the airline's website.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for clarifying this for me.
    At first, I thought some airlines declared new, common restrictions.

Forum Member
    New Jersey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I've received my order the tough part sets in - what to keep, what to return, and what to exchange. First, the A45 is an easy keep, this bag is absolutely gorgeous and awesome. I'm still playing around with all the little details but it'll serve perfectly as a one bag carry on. The DLBC will not suit my needs, as someone else predicted, as it is too small and briefcase like while I need a bit more of a bag shape generally. The S25 could certainly pack into the A45, depending on how packed the A45 is, but the MCB seems like the perfect size for packing into the A45 for travel and I am sure it would make a great day bag for some small trips.

Now, the question is, keep the Black Dyneema MCB or go with Cocoa which, after seeing a Cocoa DLBC, has caught my attention. I like the lighter weight of the Dyneema but I think the brown looks so great and still matches well with the Verde A45 that I had ordered. Plus, trying to think long term, the ballistic nylon of the Cocoa version should be a bit more durable over time.

Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2