Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multicolour Dyneema inside A30 backpack compartment

Just got my amazing Navy/Iberian A30 and was checking it out for a flight yesterday. I took the backpack straps out and noticed two dyneema colours on the inside.

On my other backpack bags (WF/Tristar) it's not got this two tone. Is this a design feature of the A30 or did they just run out of Iberian and used a bit of black to finish the bag?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Just got my amazing Navy/Iberian A30 and was checking it out for a flight yesterday. I took the backpack straps out and noticed two dyneema colours on the inside.

On my other backpack bags (WF/Tristar) it's not got this two tone. Is this a design feature of the A30 or did they just run out of Iberian and used a bit of black to finish the bag?

Thanks

I have an A30 in black dyneema/island. Seeing your post, I checked and mine is, in fact, like yours. There is about a 3 inch piece of black dyneema and then the island starts. So I would imagine it is constructed that way on purpose in the A30s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG! How interesting. I absolutely love this.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it's something to do with strengthening the section with 400D material (which I think is only currently possible in black) with the rest being the standard 200D material in your chosen colour.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have two A30's as I'm trying to decide between navy and black. Both are lined with Northwest sky, and both have black Dyneema where the straps are attached. I think it's a cool look!

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for confirming Rocks. For what it's worth, I'm a huge Navy fan. I think it can be as professional looking as black or as casual looking in less formal environments.

A perfect colour for all occasions. I'm steadily replacing all my ballistic bags in Navy as and when the opportunity presents.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, I'm a huge Navy fan. I think it can be as professional looking as black or as casual looking in less formal environments.

A perfect colour for all occasions. I'm steadily replacing all my ballistic bags in Navy as and when the opportunity presents.
    Thanks for reporting on the Dyneema Color combinations in the A30, @Perseffect -- anyone checked the A45?

On the Navy Ballistic bags, what has been your favorite color combination for a Dyneema interior so far? (I really, really liked the twice retired Solar with Navy)

moriond

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for confirming Rocks. For what it's worth, I'm a huge Navy fan. I think it can be as professional looking as black or as casual looking in less formal environments.

It's worth a lot!! I think navy is gorgeous, and I think black is cool. Cool and gorgeous are wrestling away to see which is victorious.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Moriond and Rocks. I have the following:

Navy/Solar Pilot for EDC work
    Navy/UV Ristretto for EDC personal laptop (weekend use)
    Navy/UV WF which I absolutely love for work short trips
    Navy/Iberian A30 for personal travel.

I wouldn't have normally gone for Iberian but now having it, it's really cool. I'm also on the lookout for a Navy/Wasabi something as I think that might also be great.

Navy/Solar is a classic although I have to say that my favourite overall is Navy/UV as it soothes my rebellious side.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to say that I almost went for the Navy/NWS as I felt that might be cool (I have NWS accessories).

I'm actually glad to have got the Iberian though as its so rich in balance with the Navy. Not sure how the NWS would 'pop' in the same way with the Navy.

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Northwest Sky! It's bright yet soothing.

Multicolour Dyneema inside A30 backpack compartment-img_2952-jpg

Multicolour Dyneema inside A30 backpack compartment-img_2953-jpg

Multicolour Dyneema inside A30 backpack compartment-img_2957-jpg

I am no closer to deciding. Thank you for letting me commandeer your thread!

Forum Member
    NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is like that too (Aubergine/zest). I suspect Perseffect is right in terms of the 200/400D issue, but I also like that the bright lining doesn't automatically show when the backpack straps are out. It makes for a more streamlined look.

Rocks, nice bags. I personally like how the navy brings out the blue undertone of NW sky. I don't see that as much when it's paired with black (I don't have bags in either combo, but I have a NW sky TT and both black and navy ballistic bags.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually glad to have got the Iberian though as its so rich in balance with the Navy.
    Glad to read this validation as I'm into the TB Blues too (Navy, Nordic *sigh*, Island), but really hesitated to order a Navy NFTD with Iberian which I've not seen in person. It's to arrive on Monday along with a launch small CBFS.

I discovered TB too late for Solar (I'd love that as I have yellow/gray/indigo in my home) or any Navy/Wasabi pairing. I have the WF and Pilot in Navy/UV and was lucky enough to be the recipient of a rehomed Little Swift in Navy/UV. My fingers are permanently crossed in hope of finding an Imago in navy or any Nordic treasures Wink

There's just something so appealing about blue. Enjoy your Navy bag collection!

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pictures Rocks. I do really like the Navy/NWS. I'll be looking out for that pairing again (hopefully).

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE Navy/Solar (I have a Synapse 19 and a Side Effect in that combo) but Navy/Wasabi works for me too (my Aeronaut 45). I've put my Island Travel Stuff Sack up against Navy, and that is also marvelous.

I happen to prefer light-colored interiors, so while I like the look of Navy with both UV and Iberian, those wouldn't be my first choices for bags. But they make for nice accessories inside a bag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast